Xerox Software Engineering_Entry Level in Webster, New York
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Responsible for analysis, design, coding, integration, and troubleshooting software modules which control print and scan related functions for the Windows Client Platform Delivery Team. This team is responsible for the development of the Print drivers, Scan drivers, and Utilities that support Xerox Office and Production devices on various Windows operating systems.
· Performs routine assignments in entry level of the professional career band
· Typically a graduate, although may have progressed into the role via equivalent business experience that provide knowledge and exposure to fundamental, theories, principles, and concepts
· Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
· Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
· Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
· Troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and defect resolution
· Analyzes, programs, and modifies software used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
· Uses current programming languages and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Shows a systematic, analytical approach to problem solving.
Minimum Has good interpersonal skills and is confident in dealing with clients/users and suppliers. Excellent listening skills.
Minimum Above average verbal, written and presentation skills.
Minimum Above average proficiency using standard Office productivity applications pc-based analytical tools.
Minimum Takes initiative to keep own and skills up to date and to maintain awareness of and, in own area(s) of expertise.
Minimum Demonstrates C programming knowledge, including understanding of basic memory management
Minimum Demonstrates C# programming knowledge, including understanding of WPF and MVC principles
Minimum Above average ability to debug basic failures and diagnose root causes
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Software Engineering_Entry Level
Location: New York-Webster
Requisition ID: 18003193