Xerox Entry Level Mechanical Design Engineer in Webster, New York
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for those functions, activities, and skills required for the design, development, measurement, etc., of mechanical (including media and fluid handling) components, assemblies or modules.
• The engineer will be responsible for all stages of product development including architecture selection, design, modeling, prototype testing and optimization, implementation of the production design, and problem support for both manufacturing and the customer. Role holder will regularly interface with software, electrical, systems, and manufacturing engineers and integrate internally developed hardware with existing/purchased parts and assemblies as well as collaborated designed and developed hardware.
• Performs routine assignments in entry level of the professional career band
• Typically a graduate, although may have progressed into the role via equivalent business experience that provide knowledge and exposure to fundamental, theories, principles, and concepts
• Professional roles will typically require a degree in their specific discipline which may apply to specific positions.
• Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others
• Limited decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol
• Identify and document critical parameters and critical specifications for a subsystem or assembly
• Model/simulate designs to minimize iterations and optimize results
• Design and execute experiments, analyze results
• Work effectively with cross-functional teams to accomplish deliverables
• Troubleshoot to find root cause of problems and follow-up with solution development and implementation
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Preferred Master's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Minimum Experience with CAD applications (NX preferred), Finite Element Analysis, Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.), and Matlab
Minimum Strong mechanical design, analysis, and fundamental engineering skills
Minimum Strong, hands-on problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Minimum Possess good oral and written communication skills
Minimum Highly self-motivated, resourceful individual who works well with limited supervision and has good attention to detail
Minimum Possess a strong desire to learn
Preferred Foreign language skills, especially in Chinese, French, German, or Japanese, a plus
Additional Role Requirements:
For some countries, a minimum GPA in Collegiate coursework may be required
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Entry Level Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: New York-Webster
Requisition ID: 18003239