Xerox Business Analyst Intern - Global Sales Enablement in Webster, New York
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Participant in student programs, for example interns, industrial placement and cooperative students. The role content will vary according to the functional area but is likely to include project or program activities and learning opportunities.
This internship will report into the Global Sales Enablement Team (part of Commercial Excellence organization). The objective of the team is to provide tools and programs that improve the productivity of all our sales people (both direct and indirect) so they can optimize the revenue for the company.
The intern will focus on improving the effectiveness and increasing the adoption of one of our tools, specifically DOMO which is a business intelligence platform. Our primary challenge is data accuracy and sourcing the appropriate data from various internal organizations. The intern would help us improve our overall processes with data workflow and analytics.
The position entails the following:
· Accurately update the data on the platform
· Create impactful charts that can be used by our team and/or our users
· Respond to questions and issues about Domo via email, phone or IM, giving a good service to the users
· Support User Acceptance Testing, accurately recording results and reporting problems in sufficient detail to enable resolution
· Set up new users
· Analyze, manipulate and upload data
· Work with connectors to pull data from APIs
· Create or modify cards visualising the data for end-users
· Make recommendations for improvements of data flows, card visualizations
· Create and maintain documentation
· Attend team meetings
Minimum High School Diploma / (GED) / Secondary School GCSE or equivalent
Pursuing a BS degree in I/T, MIS or related field with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
· Analytical, enjoys working with data
· Experience with Excel, database or other BI platforms
· Ability to work with complicated Excel formulas and SQL queries
· Ability to provide customer service, primarily email with a supportive tone
· Attention to detail, accurately follow instructions
· Good written skills
· Quick study
Minimum A strong team ethic with the ability to build relationships and work effectively in large and small teams.
Minimum Good organizational skills with an analytical approach to problem solving and some knowledge/awareness of project planning
Minimum Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) as well as Intranet and Internet for research purposes.
Minimum The motivation, drive and initiative to develop new skills, get involved in new pieces of work, display enthusiasm and be able to work hard with or without supervision.
Minimum Good verbal, numerical and analytical skills with the ability to see the bigger picture as well as the detail, whether analyzing data, processes or ways of working.
Minimum The ability to obtain and effectively use information, including the ability to identify the information needed, seek the information from a variety of sources, and skillfully extract and report the information for business benefit
Minimum Must meet regionally specific academic requirements for Intern / Industrial Placement program
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Business Analyst Intern - Global Sales Enablement
Location: New York-Webster
Requisition ID: 18003200