Xerox Consulting & Partner Services Director (North America) in United States
Purpose of Role:
This post plays a critical role in the regional leadership of our Communications Advisory Services operation (known as CAS) and its USA and Canadian-based affiliate network of independent marketing and communications consultants, launched to support the Communication Services pre-sales and revenue enablment strategy.
The affiliate network helps CAS broaden its capability and geographic presence to assist Xerox clients in defining and delivering multi-channel communications and enhanced customer experiences, and through the continuous development of a range of integrated services that deliver improved customer lifetime values, thereby creating new revenue opportunities for Xerox.
In addition, and through the further development of a strategic program, the Consulting & Partner Services Director will engage in the recruitment of market-leading partners who will help close gaps in our digital offer capabilities and provide new opportunities for revenue development that supplements the existing Xerox capability and supports the evolving CS value proposition.
Importantly, the role will also ‘own’ the individual consulting relationship with clients, understanding and interpreting client business challenges and goals and originating the scope of work that will deliver the solution required.
Closing the loop on the consulting relationship with the client, the post holder will also be the signatory of competence for the work submitted to the client.
The Consulting & Partner Services Director takes the lead in the co-ordination and deployment of these CS consulting, assessment and advisory services/capabilities in North America.
Provide co-ordination of the North American Communications Advisory Service (CAS) and its Affiliate Network including all assignment tasking and affiliate network members’ involvement in Xerox-based projects.
Own the overall consulting relationship with clients, understanding and interpreting client business challenges and goals and originating the scope of work that will deliver the solution required.
Subsequently, effectively brief this into the Affiliate Network and monitor the workload of the affiliate consultant(s) engaged in shaping the solution.
Be the signatory of competence for the work submitted to the client.
Where necessary, act as an engagement lead on projects varying in size – from smaller quick-to-market initiatives through to larger communications transformation assignments
· Where appropriate, lead and participate in discovery and solutions design thinking workshops with Xerox clients.
· Assist in the implementation of the Global Xerox IP for communication audits, providing a continuing review on the current state of maturity of these audits, assessments, tools, skills as utilised by the affiliate network consultants.
· Assist in the ‘training-in’ of a ‘consultative selling approach’ leveraging the global consulting discovery and improvement methodology
· Help champion a trusted partner and advisor status with Xerox clients through the identification, analysis, planning and road mapping of client digital and multi-channel communication assets and activities
· Develop a clear understanding of the technical solutions that Xerox has available to meet client requirements and pass on this knowledge to the affiliate network in the form of briefings
· Participate in developing creative, strategic, proactive and technically correct advice to clients delivered through the CAS consulting community
· Support cost and commercial modelling and business case development
· Inform and support development of project plans
· Adding enhanced and integrated capabilities in digital communications and transformation advisory services is a key responsibility. In this area, this includes:
· Devise and conduct a key capability gap analysis
· Work closely with CS Offer managers to identify integration of needs in terms of capability and consulting
· Select partners and subject matter experts (SMEs) for each of the priority gaps and lead discussions on partnering agreements and terms of reference
· Manage these relationships, ensuring that these partners supplement and complement existing Xerox capabilities, helping to deliver valued expertise within the evolving CS value proposition(s)
Scope of Role:
Working collaboratively with sales, bid management, consultants, global account leaders, commercial excellence, offer management and service delivery teams and external partners to help generate new opportunities for revenue. To help orchestrate and enable insight that will help reposition Xerox’s reputation and status with its clients.
a) Leadership role
· Co-ordination of the NA deployment of communications advisory services (CAS) and its affiliate network
· Development of standard tools and methodologies to enable a consistent approach to consulting within Xerox.
· Ensuring that data and metrics gathered during consulting assignments are captured in the CAS knowledge repository to enable the building of a reliable data bank and regularly reviewing the data to identify key trends and patterns
· Co-ordination and coaching of the regional teams of communications consultants and external partner network; allocation of consulting assignments, assignment direction.
· Measurement of performance – utilisation, number of projects, consulting revenue, enabled revenue
· Manage specialist marketing capability partner relationships, ensuring a frictionless integration with the work of the CAS Affiliate Network in North America
b) Consulting & partner services role
· Collaborate in developing and understanding client requirements at C Level contact
· Understand client current state communication processes, challenges, and capacity for change
· Understand customer / buying process / employee engagement goals
· Translate and articulate industry trends and how they impact Xerox business.
· Work with solutions architects to design / transform business processes and solutions
· Conduct communication audits/assessments using defined methodologies
· Define current state through data and requirements analysis.
· Interviewing client employees, management teams and stakeholders
· Running focus groups and facilitating discovery workshops.
· Define future state business processes and workflows
· Preparing reports
proposals/presentations and strategies
Background Experience & Qualifications:
Experience of managing and leading virtual and matrixteams.
Minimum of 10 years of experience in communications and/ormarketing, preferably with some of it spent in a consulting / agency environment.
Practical experience and understanding of thecommunications (product, customer and employee, communications) market space.
Proven ability to resolve problems and break throughthe constraints encountered when leading complex and high profile salesprojects.
Able to communicate and influence at senior levelsboth internally and with clients (up to C-Suite level).
Excellent communication and presentation skills withproven ability to present a vision and energize teams.
Strong critical and creative thinking and reasoningskills.
Proven ability to support new business / extensionbusiness and lead program level initiatives.
Educated to degree level.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Consulting & Partner Services Director (North America)
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 18003705
Other Locations: Canada