Xerox Associate Analyst, Accounting in Sofia, Bulgaria
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for the production of consolidated financial and/or regulatory reporting from a legal entity perspective for internal and external bodies, in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Performs a variety of finance & accounting functions within the Accounting department.
• Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems.
• Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others.
• Performs routine assignments in entry level of the professional career band
• Typically a graduate, although may have progressed into the role via equivalent business experience that provide knowledge and exposure to fundamental, theories, principles, and concepts
• Professional roles will typically require a degree in their specific discipline which may apply to specific positions.
• Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others
• Limited decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol
• Prepares journal entries; maintains and reconciles ledger accounts
• Balances books or accounts and prepares profit/loss, income and balance sheet statements
• Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records
• Prepares and analyzes financial statements and monthly reports
• Prepares balance sheet reconciliation and margin trend analysis
• Assists with audits by providing supporting records and documentation
• Conducts studies and develops solutions for improving accounting processes
• Prepares and analyzes tax records and reports
• Prepares local, state and federal tax returns
• Assists in preparing statistical and financial reports
• Maintains records and performs miscellaneous tax assignments
• All other duties as assigned
• Alternate text from requisitions:
• Prepares journal entries; maintains and reconciles ledger accounts.
• Balances books or accounts and prepares profit/loss, income and balance sheet statements.
• Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
• Prepares and analyzes financial statements and monthly reports.
• Prepares balance sheet reconciliation and margin trend analysis.
• Assists with audits by providing supporting records and documentation.
• Conducts studies and develops solutions for improving accounting processes.
• Prepares and analyzes tax records and reports.
• May interact with external counter-parties (e.g. vendors)
• Responds to routine questions related to area of responsibility.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
Preferred Accounting Certification applicable to the geographic area of the role (may be required in some geographies)
Minimum Through prior work experience candidate has basic skills to perform routine tasks
Minimum Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
Minimum Knowledge of finance principles and relevant internal policies
Minimum Knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding accounting, finances and taxation
Minimum Proficiency in relevant accounting software
Minimum Proven analytical skills with high degree of attention to accuracy and detail
Minimum Excellent planning and organizing skills
Minimum Effective communications skills, strong business acumen and financial skills
Minimum Demonstrates a proactive approach to work with initiative and drive
Minimum Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team oriented environment
Minimum Able to maintain confidentiality in all assignments and tasks
Minimum Competent with advanced features & database functionality of Microsoft Excel and Access
Additional Role Requirements:
Usual hours are: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Schedule is a guide only, must be flexible and able to work overtime if the project designates.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Associate Analyst, Accounting
Requisition ID: 18002067