Xerox Sr. Program Mgr. I, IM Project Management in Rochester, New York
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for project management, leadership and execution of a portfolio of Information Technology projects / programs; and ensuring alignment with IT standards and strategies. Accountable to manage IT projects, programs and portfolios using industry based, IT EPMO defined and regionally governed PM methodologies, best practices, processes and tools across a number of PM functional areas. Responsibilities include managing project / program scope, time (schedule), integration, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk and procurement activities and other PM deliverables. Develops and maintains relationships with Business Unit leads and leadership teams to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered for those projects and programs.
• The role holder will be responsible for leading projects and/or programs while supporting the PMO. Role holder will manage Program/Project Team Members (e.g., Project Managers, Project Analysts, Project Coordinators, Technical Resources, etc.) and work with the leadership team in the implementation and use of the program/project management best practices (standards, procedures, processes, templates) that are enabled through their respective EPMO/PMO to support the planning and execution of the programs and projects within his/her domain.
• Role is accountable and responsible for centrally coordinating a group of related projects or managing a complex project to achieve strategic organizational goals and objectives. This involves looking across organizational boundaries for integration and interdependencies and aligning the group of related projects to achieve program goals. It is also interacting with each project manager to provide support and guidance on the individual projects as well as to convey the important relationship of each project to the bigger picture, including the larger program and organizational performance objectives.
• Through structured governance, the role holder enables appropriate initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing across the projects in the program to achieve program benefits. The role leads and manages efforts between projects. The role provides direction and guidance to project managers.
• The role adheres to the established project/program management methodology and standards. This includes applying program management and development and delivery lifecycle processes to complex information technology projects.
• Has authority and responsibility for all aspects of a significant area of work.
• Is held fully accountable for actions taken and decisions made, both by self and subordinate project managers.
• Decisions are critical to organizational success.
• Influences developments within internal information systems industry at highest levels.
• Advances exploitation of information systems within one or more organizations and/or the advancement of knowledge.
• Develops long-term strategic relationships with customers and industry leaders.
• Leads formulation and application of strategy.
• Work involves application of highest level management and leadership skills.
• Has deep understanding of information systems industry and emerging technologies and implications for the wider business environment.
• Adapts and executes functional or departmental business plans and contributes to the development of organizational strategies
• Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges/ regulatory issues
• Decisions are guided by functional strategies and priorities
• May include international accountability; and may include some global accountability
• Support the Business Unit PMO/Project Sponsors in the creation of program/project charters and associated project plans, for multiple projects and programs.
• Maintain relationships with Business Unit leads and leadership to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered for those programs/projects under his/her domain.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex program/project management and leverage knowledge of Xerox business to identify risk and evaluate impacts on the business.
• Demonstrate excellent program/project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with team members, and use current tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables while applying to projects.
• Ensure appropriate involvement between the program or complex project and all stakeholders
• Consistently adhere to the organizational program and project management standards and methodologies defined by the EPMO/PMO to assigned programs and projects
• Report progress and health of the program and incorporate feedback from all stakeholders
• Identify, monitor and control the interdependencies between projects with a program
• Proactively identify and manage program risks and issues and escalated risks and issues from the projects that comprise the program and cannot be resolved at the project level.
• Identify the programs financial sources and resources and integrate the budgets of the individual program components and develop the overall budget and control costs for the program.
• Coordinate the processes for each project in the program at a level higher than those pertaining to the individual project level.
• Track the contribution of each project and the non-project work to the consolidated program benefits.
• Support the portfolio management decision process through the creation of project charters, scope statements, risk assessments, budgets and IT Value discussions.
• Ensure appropriate governance practices are in place and followed for the projects within a program
• Recommend cancellation of projects and initiation of new projects within the program
• Track and share lessons learned with project teams
• Provide a high standard of support and direction to IM program/project managers and teams, improve project control, and improve project performance
• Mentor/Coach /Train project manages to increase their competency in project management methods and tools
• Assist in the establishment of standards for project and portfolio management including processes, methodologies, metrics and tools to ensure the development and use of project management throughout IM
• Monitor the effectiveness of project management disciplines and processes to identify and implement improvements.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field.
Preferred Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field.
Minimum Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Minimum PMP or equivalent Project Management certification
Preferred Certified as a Program Management Professional (PgMP) or equivalent regional certification
Minimum Direct experience in leading/managing full lifecycle projects, or subsections of large/complex projects
Minimum Experience in project risk management
Minimum Relationship management and business development experience
Minimum Ability to perform critical analysis of large, complex programs/projects
Minimum Ability to perform feasibility studies and cost benefit analyses
Minimum Ability to effectively interview and interact with project executive sponsors, project team and external consultants
Minimum Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
Minimum Ability to mentor and coach team members
Minimum Advanced proficiency in MS Project, MS Word, Visio, MS Excel and PowerPoint
Minimum Broad knowledge Project Management Institute (PMI) Knowledge Areas with deep expertise in at least three of the Knowledge Areas
Minimum In-depth knowledge of relevant industry standards and governmental regulations
Minimum Demonstrated influence and credibility with senior IT and business management.
Minimum Has proven project management and leadership skills and a good knowledge of business analysis.
Minimum Knows XIM policy framework, management structures and reporting procedures for all aspects of the programs environment.
Minimum Has strong planning, communication and presentation skills and is proficient in project quality management.
Minimum Ability to connect functional teams with technical teams to achieve effective solutions
Minimum Strong strategic business acumen
Minimum Ability to translate business acumen into actionable plans
Minimum Well-developed leadership abilities to build positive relationships and handle conflict resolution
Preferred Typically has vast IT and business/industry work experience, together with proven leadership experience and managing projects and or project portfolios.
Additional Role Requirements:
Has established industry connections / networking (relationships with other suppliers, other companies)
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Sr. Program Mgr. I, IM Project Management
Location: New York-Rochester
Requisition ID: 18002584