Xerox Transition Manager - Global in New York, New York
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for ensuring that client solutions are implemented and the service solution that a client has bought is successfully transitioned and handed over to live service delivery. Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) include 'time to revenue' and 'service availability'.
• The role holder is responsible for the successful implementation of new business contracts.
• He/she supports the pursuit of new business crafting transition and transformation plans as part of the proposal.
• The key focus is to coordinate and facilitate the transfer of ownership and risk management from the incumbent provider to the service delivery teams.
• He/she is accountable for delivering all elements of total service transition project to required timeframes, quality and budget.
• Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
• Achieve project Service Level Agreement (SLA) as defined by the Statement of Work (SOW)
• Achieve time to revenue and time to profit results aligned to project business case
• Create and deliver upon project implementation budget
• Maintain strict adherence to the Transition & Transformation Management Process (TMPP) for all aspects of project portfolio
• The role holder will:
• Lead the planning and execution of transition plans for total project portfolio of typically $15-$20M .
• Ensure risk within each transition project is pro-actively identified and mitigated.
• Manage the relationship with the customer, partner(s), subcontractor(s) and other Xerox stakeholders.
• Lead a team of resources assigned to the transition project.
• The role starts with pre-sales and ends when customer contracts have been successfully transitioned to the service delivery teams.
• Depending on project scale and complexity, the role holder may lead several transition projects simultaneously.
• Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
• Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
• Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
• Primarily domestic accountability; may include some international accountability
• Project Delivery Management:
• Provides transition leadership and support for new business opportunities in pre-sales phases on large, complex and global deals at customer meetings, presentations, etc.
• Responsible for implementing new services from identifying resource requirements, timeframes and deliverables per business case, through planning and deployment of Xerox and sub-vendors services and sign-off.
• Works closely with the bid/project, 3rd party and service delivery teams throughout the new business lifecycle and owning the project related issues associated with the introduction of the service until the formal point of handover to the Service Delivery team(s).
• Develops and owns transition communication plan to ensure consistent understanding of transition progress vs. plan with all key stakeholders.
• Provides expert problem management support to difficult implementation issues and ensures root-cause analysis is conducted and a corrective action plan is followed through with any learning applied for future benefit
• Financial Risk Management:
• Acts as a business leader accountable for financial success and client satisfaction throughout the transition program.
• Effectively manages risk across defined transition programs.
• Assesses and ensures team uses process to improve productivity/cost productivity.
• Client Relationship:
• Act as the primary contact for the customer maintaining close communication to ensure delivery to schedule and issues addressed.
• Provides a focus on Service Level Agreement (SLA) definition and customer satisfaction. Ensures information systems and structures to achieve SLA are in place.
• Manages changes affecting people, this includes changes in processes that impact client staff and employees transferring to Xerox.
• Practice Development:
• Provides feedback from direct client interactions to innovate next generation of offering.
• Use and continuously improve standard process and achieve productivity improvements through application of repeatable best practice methodologies and optimum resource management.
• Adhere to service implementation and delivery best practice, reviews and processes in line with Service Delivery governance guidance.
• Champions team work and knowledge sharing; contributes to the project management community, methodologies and best practices.
• Project Resource Management:
• Defines and ensures appropriate resources to form delivery team for new service contracts. Work in partnership with pre-sales teams and service delivery teams.
• Develop and mentor project managers and other project team members to defined level of competencies, standards and certifications
Minimum Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. PMI or PRINCE 2 and ITIL)
Minimum Successful track record of developing business case proposals and successfully transitioning large scale, mutli-location or global deals to required scope, quality, timescale and budget.
Minimum Evidence of considerable experience managing virtual teams of highly skilled project and/or transition managers and developing team's skills to agreed standards
Minimum Has significant experience in the initiation and management of largely complex change initiatives.
Minimum Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external people, both in formal and informal circumstances, and where necessary to gain their agreement and acceptance
Minimum Results oriented with strong attention to detail and a relentless commitment to process improvement and quality
Minimum Experience in managing customer relationships at executive levels
Minimum Demonstrable ability to lead and deliver strategically important projects through to completion
Minimum Ability to identify, quantify and articulate risk.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Transition Manager - Global
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 18002311
Virtual/work from home? Yes