Xerox Analyst II, Accounting in Kerala, India
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for the production of consolidated financial and/or regulatory reporting from a legal entity perspective for internal and external bodies, in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Performs a variety of complex finance & accounting functions within the Accounting department.
• Requires in-depth knowledge and expertise.
• Uses best practices and knowledge of business issues to improve services.
• Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective to identify solutions.
• Works independently; receives minimal guidance.
• Prepares journal entries; maintains and reconciles ledger accounts
• Balances books or accounts and prepares profit/loss, income and balance sheet statements
• Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records
• Prepares and analyzes financial statements and monthly reports
• Prepares balance sheet reconciliation and margin trend analysis
• Assists with audits by providing supporting records and documentation.
• Conducts studies and develops solutions for improving accounting processes
• Prepares and analyzes tax records and reports
• Prepares local, state and federal tax returns
• Assists in preparing statistical and financial reports
• Maintains records and performs miscellaneous tax assignments
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Accounts Payable:Vendors Accounts creation, Maintaining Vendor Master register, Invoices checking and accounting, Vendors payments as per the due dates with accuracy, Investigate and resolve any queries received regarding payments, TDS deduction & entries. Creditors & payable reconciliation, Prepaid & provision entries.
Travel & Expense Management - Employee Claim Reimbursement
Knowledge of General Ledger Accounting: Bank Reconciliation, Inter-Company Reconciliation, Month end activities and preparation of monthly financial statements, Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts, Expense allocations.
Preparation of Monthly MIS and Variance analysis.
Fixed Assets Accounting
Issue of assets to user department after tagging
Accounting of Fixed Assets on a regular basis
Preparing and updating monthly Fixed Assets register
Updating asset transfer form
6.Knowledge of SEZ and Customs formalities with respect to Import activities
Getting SEZ approval for import of capital goods
Customs formalities related to import
Coordinating with custom clearing agent
Knowledge of preparing and filing Softex, MPR and APR under SEZ
Dealing with SEZ Department to take maximum benefits within the SEZ frame work
7.Knowledge of Service Tax, GST, TDS and other statutory compliances
8.Preparing and providing schedules, supporting documentation and attending & resolving queries regarding Internal and Statutory audit.
9.Should have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc).
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance / M.Com / CA Inter
Minimum Requires in-depth knowledge and expertise, gained through previous project based roles.
Minimum Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and practices
Minimum Competent with advanced features & database functionality of Microsoft Excel and Access
Minimum Advanced knowledge of finance principles and relevant internal policies
Minimum Advanced knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding accounting, finances and taxation
Minimum Proficiency in relevant accounting software
Minimum Proven analytical skills with high degree of attention to accuracy and detail
Minimum Excellent planning and organizing skills
Minimum Effective communications skills, strong business acumen and financial skills
Minimum Demonstrates a proactive approach to work with initiative and drive
Minimum Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team oriented environment
Minimum Able to maintain confidentiality in all assignments and tasks
Additional Role Requirements:
Usual hours are: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Schedule is a guide only, must be flexible and able to work overtime if the project designates.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Analyst II, Accounting
Requisition ID: 18004640