Xerox Tax Analyst I in Karnataka, India
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for influencing business planning and overall commercial structures to minimize the burden of taxation on profits and cash flows. Implements statutory tax requirements. Prepares, analyzes and maintains tax reports and other related material. May be involved in tax planning.
• Role operationalizes tax processes and provides analytical and project related support to the tax function inside the small geography supported.
• Individual contributor role, typically an entry role into the function.
• Works as part of a team of functional colleagues and is accountable for monitoring and carrying out tax processes that support business units and/or regions operating in the relevant geography.
• The job holder works in close collaboration with other tax colleagues, business units and other corporate functions.
• Support Tax compliance processes through the gathering and analysis of information, preparation of computations and returns.
• Provide project support and analysis required for Tax accounting & reporting processes.
• Provide support to tax audits by providing the necessary data and documentation.
• Monitors compliance with corporate policy/procedure at country/unit level - including tax accounting and reporting, Internal Controls & Risk, tax compliance and the management of tax audits.
• The role holder may be assigned duties in addition to those set forth in this listing.
Interpreting and complying with tax laws and regulations.
Sound knowledge of current GST laws and Tax Complainces, viz a viz ability to understand the legal provisions and duly updated with regular changes in GST laws.
Prepare workings for Tax/ GST returns and conduct comprehensive control checks on monthly basis.
Responsible for Tax/ GST reporting process on monthly basis.
Responsible for working and payment of GST within timelines.
Verification/Reconciliation of GST balances with General Ledger.
Preparation of reconciliation statement between books and returns before filing the GST returns.
Special hands on experience in GST i.e., preparation and filing of GSTR-1, GSTR-3B, GSTR-2A etc.
Checking of outward and inward invoices as per GST invoice Rules
Monthly TDS payments. Filing of TDS Return, Issuance & collection of TDS certificates.
TDS reconciliations with book of accounts.
Advance Tax computations & Payments.
Income tax computations, Coordination for Tax audits & filing of Income Tax Returns.
Foreign Remittances & related tax documentation 15CA/15CB
Knowledge of SEZ activities i.e., Bonding, De-bonding, Filing of Softex, MPR, APR, Co-ordination with SEZ officers and related activities.
Ensuring compliance of all statutory deductions & payments are done within due dates.
Liaise with tax consultants and advisors for tax optimization purposes.
Ensure registration and renewals required under various direct and indirect tax enactments
Developing and implementing process improvements.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree or comparable work experience
Preferred Tax Technician, or part- Qualified Accountant, part-qualified Chartered Tax Advisor or equivalent
Minimum Some experience in financial analysis, preferably including experience in tax
Minimum Able to demonstrate effective and successful contributions to team and/or cross-functional team objectives
Minimum Demonstrate the ability to communicate information clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
Minimum Practical working knowledge of accounting
Minimum Positive, practical approach in dealing with colleagues, customers and other contacts
Minimum Desire to develop and to work across a range of tax functions, geographies and business units
Minimum Proactive and practical hands on approach
Additional Role Requirements:
Specific Tax Analyst roles may require higher levels of experience or competence in particular areas
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Tax Analyst I
Requisition ID: 18004683