Xerox (Backfill) SQL DBA Analyst I, IM Support in Haryana, India
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for the database control and/or end user support of IT systems and their users. Provides support and technical services aimed at managing databases and/or systems as well database utilities. Provides desk top support for the technical infrastructure of the company. Resolves first level systems failures. Ensures close customer liaison both internally and externally with managed vendors. Provides first level technical or database problem resolution to customers/end users in a technical help desk function. Escalates complex technical/database problems to field staff and technical specialists as appropriate.
• Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
• Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
• Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
• Moderate decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol
· Minimum 8 years relevant experience on SQL Server Database Administration .
· Should have worked extensively on Production systems
· Installation & Configuration of MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014
· Performance monitoring (SQL profiler, Performance dashboard, Perfmon, Spotlight, etc)
· Performance tuning existing code with developers.
· Index tuning, Database fragmentation & compression.
· Apply Patches & Hot fix.
· Database Mirroring (Build, Roll, maintenance & troubleshooting)
· SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS
· Experience on operational incident and project cases
· Expertise in DR
o Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools.
o Clustering : Active & Passive nodes
o Log shipping
o Scheduling Jobs
o Backup & Restore Jobs
o Performance tuning
o Resolving client’s live production issues.
o L2 & L3 production support.
· Good to have knowledge on SQL development (Stored procedure , Views and trigger )
· Apart from SQL Server good to have other RDBMS database knowledge (DB2 / Oracle).
Title: (Backfill) SQL DBA Analyst I, IM Support
Requisition ID: 18003016
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.