Xerox Analyst I, IM Support (IT Business Operations Analyst -Java Support) in Haryana, India
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for the database control and/or end user support of IT systems and their users. Provides support and technical services aimed at managing databases and/or systems as well database utilities. Provides desk top support for the technical infrastructure of the company. Resolves first level systems failures. Ensures close customer liaison both internally and externally with managed vendors. Provides first level technical or database problem resolution to customers/end users in a technical help desk function. Escalates complex technical/database problems to field staff and technical specialists as appropriate.
• Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
• Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
• Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
• Moderate decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol
• Provide day to day production support services for Custom Applications / Reports –
• Monitor various critical processes and reports of Custom Applications
• Manage Change Requests as required
• Attend daily / weekly conference calls as and when required.
• Assesses and manages technical risk; prepares risk mitigation alternatives and recommends the appropriate alternative. Escalates significant risks and issues to the program team and leadership
• Must have 5 years’ experience delivering production support services
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or MCA from a reputable college.
• Handle complex outage situations, managing multiple teams and real time problem determination
• Recognizes how each component (application, system, network) contributes to operational performance goals
• Leads incident resolution and trains others on how to resolve issues
• Identified as technical escalation point for incidents
• Ability to quickly resolve issues based on experience
• Works independent of direct supervision
• Uses experience to resolve incidents and does not rely solely on pre-documented solutions
• Escalation for lesser skilled technician
• Strong ability to research and manage complex data requests.
• Formulate operational performance goals
• Translate corporate strategy into operation targets
• Communicate operational targets to others as appropriate
• Consider scope, availability of resources, constraints and market placement when developing operation targets
• Analyze actual performance against targets
• Provides insight and interpret operations performance data
• Suggests ideas and opportunities for improving performance
• Consider others input when formulating targets
• Must have experience in troubleshooting issues & provide resolution to the end users under high pressure environments.
• Knows basic terminology and functionality of application
• Knows basic structure of application
• Identifies purpose of application within firm
• Displays understanding of policies, processes and procedures related to application
• Applies application policies, processes and procedures
• Configure basic functionality
• Monitor and assess application performance level
• Should have knowledge in Structured Software Development processes.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Show initiative and be proactive
Weblogic / Jboss Application server
J2EE connectivity Architecture
Apache HTTPD / Tomcat 6.0
J2EE (JSP, Servlet, Core Java, Messaging etc..)
Unix /Linux Shell scripts
Title: Analyst I, IM Support (IT Business Operations Analyst -Java Support)
Requisition ID: 18002378
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.