Xerox Analyst I, IM Security (Disaster Recovery Analyst) in Haryana, India
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• The implementation of organization-wide processes and procedures for the management of operational risk within the organization focused on Disaster Recovery. The execution of and consulting on Disaster Recovery controls to maintain and protect the operational capability of critical information systems.
• Works under general supervision.
• Uses discretion in identifying and resolving complex problems and assignments.
• Specific instruction is usually given and work is reviewed at frequent milestones.
• Determines when problems should be escalated to a higher level.
• Interacts with and influences department/project team members.
• Frequent external contact with customers and suppliers.
• In predictable and structured areas, may supervise others.
• Decisions may impact work assigned to individual/phases of project.
• Specialized range of work, of relatively less complexity and standard, in variety of environments.
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
• Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan
• Generally domestic scope/accountability
• Works with teams accountable for operational support of Disaster Recovery requirements per the Disaster Recovery policy.
• Ensure drill collaterals are current and meet the policy requirements.
- Inspect DR plans to ensure alignment, consistency and understanding of the recovery solution.
• Assist in driving operational process to ensure DR collaterals are maintained and updated on a regular basis (not at time of drill)
Escalate when process is waning.
Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the recovery services as they apply to applications.
Communicate DR status to Peers, Production Operations Managers, Team Leads...etc.
Lead retrospective meetings after drills are complete to document issues and remediation plans. Stay in sync with current risk management services per policy
Participate in policy initiatives, as needed, in support of changes in processes or technology.
Communicate policy/process changes to appropriate teams.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
Preferred Technical certifications such as CISSP, CISA, DRII Disaster Recovery, ISO 22301 or ISO 27001 are desired.
Minimum Relevant experience in Information Technology
Minimum Understands and uses appropriate methods and tools and applications.
Minimum Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
Minimum Contributes fully to the work of teams.
Minimum Can plan, schedule and monitor own work.
Minimum Is able to absorb and apply new technical information.
Minimum Is able to work to required standards and to understand and use the appropriate methods, tools and applications.
Minimum Appreciates wider field of information systems, how own role relates to other roles and to the business.
Minimum Has a basic business knowledge and an understanding of current and emerging information and communications technologies and their level of maturity.
Minimum Is able to obtain information from business people in face to face situations, and to analyze information on users occupational tasks obtained by a variety of formal and informal means.
Minimum Has an analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
Minimum Is familiar with the principles and practices involved in development and maintenance and in service delivery.
Minimum Has good technical understanding and the aptitude to remain up to date with IS security and developments.
Minimum Possesses a general understanding of the business applications of IT.
Minimum Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication.
Minimum Demonstrates basic knowledge of information security principles.
Minimum Has experience in moderate to large technology implementations and background as an administrator of IT systems, databases, or processes.
Additional Role Requirements:
Disaster Recovery Domain
Basic understanding of technologies specific to Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Planning.
Ability to translate risk requirements into actionable items.
Ability to manage multiple streams of work in parallel.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Analyst I, IM Security (Disaster Recovery Analyst)
Requisition ID: 18003643