Xerox Portfolio Manager (Software Asset Management) in Webster, New York
Software Asset Management (SAM) has been identified as a key capability within the new Conduent entity. It spans all aspects of the enterprise and will ensure that the state of SW usage and licensing entitlement is well understood in the enterprise and that all SW in use is appropriately licensed.
/The SAM Portfolio Manager is responsible for leading the SAM Portfolio team, adhering to processes and execution of end to end ownership for managing licensing position and compliance for the full set of select software suppliers / products.
- Accountable for compliance with contracted licensing models for defined set of select (high priority) software suppliers and products
- Accountable for management activities (demand management, renewals, audits, entitlement and deployment reporting) for this full set
- For select set, guides SAM Portfolio team in:
- Identifying issues, improvement opportunities, and risks for escalation
- Identifying key data requirements for SW Asset Information Repository
- Coordinating with other stakeholders to resolve complex licensing queries and issues
- Optimizing license contracts and usage for maximum value
- Coordinating vendor audits and support of supplier interactions
- Managing renewals / new contracts and upcoming software demand
- Reporting on compliance with contracted licensing models
- Actively engaged coaching and developing SAM Portfolio team members.
All other duties as assigned.
10 years of IT experience
- 3 years managing a team / leadership roles
- Eracent, nice to have
- Familiarity with ITIL
- Leadership experience in managing change, process execution and improvement.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in preparing and delivering senior management briefing.
- Understanding of licensing models, contracts, and pricing arrangements
- Experience managing supplier relationships and in using License Management systems
- Understanding of licensing mechanisms and contracts, including interpreting licensing product use rights.
Understanding of Software Asset Management lifecycle processes
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
This job description is meant as a guideline for applicants, and employees of Conduent. It is not a definitive or exhaustive description and consequently may not include all tasks or functions related to the position. This document does not create, and is not part of, an employment contract. Please note the position may change to meet the changing requirements of Conduent’s business. Employees may be assigned duties either, in addition to or instead of, those set out in this document and the position is subject to further changes at Conduent's discretion.
Job: Business Operations
Organization: Xerox (XT)
Title: Portfolio Manager (Software Asset Management)
Location: New York-Webster
Requisition ID: 16026658
Virtual/work from home? No