Xerox Engineer II, Software Engineering in Webster, New York
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for those functions, activities, and skills required for analysis, design, coding, integration, test & maintenance of software modules, subsystems or systems which control other electrical, mechanical, electronic or network systems.
• Creating and Maintaining Detailed and High Level Designs according to the selected design methodology
• Follows good SW engineering principles for SW implementation (ie thinks beyond happy path, and develops "bullet proof" code - thinking through use case scenarios and failure conditions)
• Conversant in Design Patterns with excellent Object Oriented design skills.
• Exceptional C 11 and Python language knowledge and application.
• Designing and conducting unit level tests and contributing to System Level verification
• Conversant in the Agile Software development methodology with a mature personal development process and above average planning skills.
• Confident contributor in the peer inspection process
• Above average troubleshooting of problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
• Abiding by the Corporate licensing policies
• Complying to the Industrial Design as well as Xerox branding standards.
• Contributing to Xerox’s Patent portfolio by generating and Submitting Intellectual Property ideas
• Comfortable with using Software Configuration Management tools and check in processes across multiple baselines.
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan
• All other duties as assigned
Minimum Bachelor's Degree
Deep understanding of object oriented design, real-time embedded distributed systems, and C .
Minimum Shows a systematic, analytical approach to problem solving.
Minimum Has good interpersonal skills and is confident in dealing with clients, users and suppliers. Excellent listening skills.
Minimum Above average verbal, written and presentation skills.
Minimum Above average proficiency using standard Office productivity applications PC-based analytical tools.
Minimum Has a broad and moderately deep knowledge coupled with working knowledge of the activities of those businesses and other organizations that use software systems.
Minimum Takes initiative to keep own and skills up to date and to maintain awareness of and, in own area(s) of expertise.
Minimum Technical knowledge and understanding of major technology areas, platforms, development processes and system life cycles
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Engineer II, Software Engineering
Location: New York-Webster
Requisition ID: 17003670
Virtual/work from home? Yes