Xerox Embedded Controls Design Engineer in Webster, New York
• Design, develop, debug, and integrate distributed controls electronics and firmware solutions derived from high level program requirements to provide subsystem control solutions for high end digital production printers/presses.
• Ability to convert high level electrical requirements, system diagrams and I/O lists into working level documents.
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity, creativity and business judgement.
• Provide technical guidance to less experienced individuals and small project teams.
• Design simulation models to predict results and understand interactions.
• Translates new / existing scientific knowledge into enabling technologies / platforms; performs analytical, experimental, and modeling work to solve business problems in a timely manner.
• Keep abreast of trends and developments in Distributed Controls expertise.
• Provide team level project leadership skills which are refined through various assignments.
As an individual contributor you will work with multiple technical commodities and support each with a technical solution within a highly competitive Quality, Cost, and Delivery model.
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or related field with 15 years of work experience.
LSS / DfLSS Certification preferred.
Candidate Background: Skills, Knowledge & Ability:
Knowledge of the product design process, product structures, and documentation.
Experience with tools associated with circuit board design, embedded firmware design and debug, and computer aided drawing designs and implementation.
Experience in C, C#, Perl/Python programming languages.
Demonstrated analytical and data modeling capability.
Ability to work effectively within a muli-discipline design team. Demonstrated role model behavior on teams and as a team leader.
Ability to effectively communicate with & influence decision makers.
Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Title: Embedded Controls Design Engineer
Location: New York-Webster
Requisition ID: 17003483
Virtual/work from home? No