Xerox Client Operations Director (COD) in Washington, District Of Columbia
• The Client Operations Director (COD) role is a critical service delivery operations leadership position. The Client Operations Director leads and oversees a services delivery organization focused on providing services and operational support to a portfolio of client services accounts. Objectives of the position are to develop/implement client relationship management strategies; plan, direct and coordinate operations in support of the client contracts and Xerox growth (revenue and profit); develop client relationships at executive level; maintain/improve profit margins; create an environment for strong coalition relationships with internal and external partners, and develop/implement talent management strategies.
• Key components of success include revenue and profit growth, delivering operational excellence and building client relationships, joint account ownership with Sales, partner management, and talent management strategies.
• The position is an operational leadership role with full operational accountability for a portfolio of various sized accounts of varied complexity (ie., across multiple locations w/responsibility for operating location, more than 1 service line, significant ‘client engagement’ required, etc.). Has responsibility for annual post sale revenue/gross profit plan, on average, up to $34M. Works jointly with Sales partners to drive overall team ownership of client relationships.
• Has leadership and people management responsibilities, across multiple sites including a matrixes, virtual team environment.
• The position has both internal and external interface at all levels at an account and day-to-day interface at the Executive level
• Client Relationship Management:
◦ Leads development and account strategy for increased penetration and expansion of offerings while managing risk within assigned accounts through collaboration with sales partners
◦ Effective, efficient resolution of escalated client problems/issues, leveraging internal/external resources
◦ Consult on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the client/industry.
◦ Interact with senior management (both Xerox and Client) to expand executive level relationships
◦ Ensure successful transition of new business from Transition team to steady state
• People and Resource Management:
◦ Talent Management – Overall responsibility for talent management throughout their organization - complete/lead all HR activities for teams including recruiting, retention, succession planning, training, performance management, development, etc. Ensures high caliber people are in the right roles.
• Services Delivery Operational Leadership:
◦ Leads the activities of service delivery teams to ensure budgets are managed effectively and that opportunities for leveraging economies of scale across Xerox and geographic boundaries, are maximized. Advices others on the most efficient and cost effective ways to implement and deliver service to maximize profitability (ie., effective process management, etc.).
◦ Oversees the integration of all service delivery units and continuously improves the quality and inter-working of the virtual service team, including other Xerox service partners and suppliers to ensure a seamless end-to-end delivery of service for clients.
◦ Understands the long term services delivery capacity trends and applies on-shore, near-shore and off-shore resources appropriately.
◦ Engage and collaborate in development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, program and people to support transition and steady state delivery
• Financial/ Business Growth:
◦ Reviews analysis of financial activities, operations, and forecast dates and action plans to determine business unit progress toward stated goals and objectives
◦ Supports and approves new deal construction and proposal for new opportunities and renewals within assigned accounts. Understands business case to assess profitability, time to revenue, and SOW negotiation
◦ Develop business plan to achieve profit and retention objectives
Minimum Associate Degree / College Diploma /Cegep / A Levels or equivalent Military/other experience
Preferred Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Military/other experience
Minimum Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification, Qwik solver or Equivalent
Preferred LSS Green Belt Certification
Preferred IT based certifications (ex., Intel, Networking, Kopeks, etc.)
Preferred Project Management (PMP)
Candidate Background: Skills, Knowledge & Ability:
Minimum Demonstrates successful performance in key client-interfacing and operational roles
Minimum Ability to work with, communicate and develop relationship with senior levels of management
Minimum Ability to work with, communicate and develop relationship with entry and functional management leaders and use effective influence cross-organizationally
Minimum Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage multiple, complex priorities and workflows
Minimum Profit focused and accountable for results; strong financial acumen
Minimum Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
Minimum Significant experience of IT, service delivery or consulting coupled with financial P&L responsibility, strong people management experience, projects and client interaction experience.
Minimum Talent Management – Significant experience of leading and managing diverse teams (incl. matrix management) within operational service delivery and shared services environments.
Minimum Demonstrates ability to interpret economic conditions and relevant business indicators and anticipate the impact on the service business unit
Minimum Managed Print Service solutions management (centralized print, fleet management/optimization, assessment, rate card, etc.)
Preferred Managed Print Services Transition Management knowledge (understanding of activities, timeframes, program mgmt., budget, business case development, etc.)
Preferred Experience in large outsourcing bids, from pre-sales to successful implementation.
Minimum Negotiation/influence skills that effectively maintain relationships in sensitive situations
Additional Role Requirements:
Advanced - Client Focus - demonstrating willingness to identify, understand and give priority to meeting the needs of the client
Advanced - Results Focus - the drive and determination to achieve objectives, overcoming obstacles to deliver results
Advanced - Embracing Change - the ability to work flexibly, adapting quickly to change and responding positively to new ways of working enabling us to thrive on change and constantly improve
Advanced - Corporate Citizenship - maintaining and promoting social, ethical and organizational values in the working environment and all business activities; placing the needs of the client and the goals of the organization above one’s own personal interests
Advanced - Teamwork & Collaboration - displays enthusiasm and contributes to an effective team environment; demonstrates willingness to work cooperatively with others to deliver excellent client service or to achieve a shared goal
Advanced - Communication & Influencing - the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external people, formally and informally, and where necessary to gain their agreement and acceptance
Advanced - Strategic Leadership – ability to gather a broad set of information and set out alternatives as a basis for strategy formation. To inspire others to follow through on agreed vision/plan of action. To deploy the strategy into the organization and maintain a focus on year-over-year improvements/business process simplification
Intermediate - Industry Expertise – applying an in-depth expertise to resolve client and Xerox business issues and to address key business drivers
Advanced - Relationship Management in Services - the ability to effectively manage external and internal relationships with clients, partners, suppliers and other stakeholders maximizing business benefits, ensuring alignment, reducing costs and minimizing risks to client delivery and satisfaction
Advanced - Financial Management of Services – ability to plan, control and account for the cost of service provision
Intermediate - Risk Taking and Risk Management - ability to identify and quantify risks and to effectively manage risks across Xerox, the client, delivery partners and suppliers, enabling profitable and sustainable business return
Advanced - Service Governance and Performance Management – the ability to provide overall direction and control for the Xerox delivered services to deliver high-quality, cost effective services to the client
Intermediate - Represent the Full Capabilities of Xerox – creating opportunities for selling unique, value-added solutions through the effective positioning of the full spectrum of the Xerox portfolio
Advanced - Creativity and Innovation – ability to challenge current ways of doing things (conventional practices), adapt established methods to new situations, pursue ongoing process improvements, create and evaluate new solutions and ideas
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox in the U.S. may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Title: Client Operations Director (COD)
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 17003780
Virtual/work from home? Yes