Xerox Associate III, IM Support in United States
• Responsible for the database control and/or end user support of IT systems and their users. Provides support and technical services aimed at managing databases and/or systems as well database utilities. Provides desk top support for the technical infrastructure of the company. Resolves first level systems failures. Ensures close customer liaison both internally and externally with managed vendors. Provides first level technical or database problem resolution to customers/end users in a technical help desk function. Escalates complex technical/database problems to field staff and technical specialists as appropriate.
• Senior level job with considerable work experience
• Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training
• Completes a variety of atypical assignments
• May solve problems of a recurring nature, but takes a broad perspective to problems and may identify new, less obvious solutions
• Completes work with a limited degree of supervision
• Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
• May lead a team in the performance of a variety of tasks that are generally routine
• May have specialized external certification (technical roles)
• Computer Operations:
• Sets up, coordinates and monitors the operation of electronic computer equipment, such as printers, tape and disk drives
• Selects and loads input and output, observes operation of equipment, control panels, error lights, verification printouts, error messages and faulty output
• Researches error messages and may manipulate console to properly sequence job steps after a job is interrupted
• Ensures all necessary data files are accounted for and available in order to initiate each processing task
• Monitors database systems in accordance with a schedule of operations
• Identifies hardware and software malfunctions and takes appropriate corrective action as necessary to resolve operating problems
• Maintains scheduled reports of operations activities including trouble reports, logs, etc.
• Maintains inventory of expendable supplies and may restock paper, printer ribbons, etc.
• Production Control:
• Determines computing resource requirements, such as computer time, memory, and priority considerations
• Schedules and monitors ad hoc and production jobs
• Ensures jobs and activities are completed accurately and on-time
• Analyzes internal user procedures, process workflow, and deadlines
• Verifies record count (input and output) for accuracy, microfiche requirements, etc.
• Evaluates processing workload and schedules jobs using job-scheduling software
• Troubleshoots processing problems and resubmits jobs as necessary and/or escalates the problem
• Ensures availability of hardware and associated equipment
• Performs various operations and library functions, such as back-up and error recovery, data/document control and report output distribution
• Maintains associated production reports and logs
• Ensures that appropriate billing records are generated for each job
• Systems Technician:
• PC user support, new hire systems setups, and desktop/laptop software evaluations and upgrades
• Provides quick response and maximum uptime for all users and performs end user training when necessary
• Installs and repairs microcomputer hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives
• Assists in determining suitable software to meet user requirements
• Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when they relate to personal computers
• May require PC system experience in a LAN environment, strong understanding of Windows operating systems, experience with all Microsoft Office products as well as troubleshooting experience and understanding of e-mail
• Provides technical on-site maintenance and support for new and existing systems
• This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PC’s, and IP networkiing
• All other duties as assigned
Minimum High School Diploma / (GED) / Secondary School GCSE or equivalent
Preferred Associate Degree / College Diploma /Cegep / A Levels
Minimum Through prior work experience candidate has basic skills to perform routine tasks
Preferred Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Minimum Familiar with computers and Windows-based applications
Minimum Pays attention to detail.
Minimum Keyboard skills such as typing, and PC literacy.
Minimum Ability to prioritize work, with attention to detail.
Preferred Experience in customer facing role
Minimum The candidate will have considerable experience in a training environment. For customer care training roles, previous experience in a call centre is desirable
Minimum The role holder will have developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training.
Preferred The candidate will have a experience as a lead or expert in their area with considerable on-the-job experience.
Minimum The candidate will have developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training.
Minimum Results oriented and strong attention to detail and commitment to process improvement and quality
Job: IM Support
Organization: Xerox Corporate
Title: Associate III, IM Support
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 17000894