Xerox Tax Analyst II in Saint James, Jamaica
Xerox is a global business services, technology and document management company helping organizations manage their business processes and information. Since the invention of xerography just over 75 years ago, we have continued engineering how the world works by applying our experience in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and human centric design to make a real difference for our customers and their customers. We have changed the way the world shops, learns, parks, does banking, receives healthcare and, of course – works.
Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox has more than 140,000 employees and does business in more than 180 countries. Together, we provide business process services, printing equipment, hardware and software technology for managing information -- from data to documents. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for influencing business planning and overall commercial structures to minimize the burden of taxation on profits and cash flows. Implements statutory tax requirements. Prepares, analyzes and maintains tax reports and other related material. May be involved in tax planning.
• Role operationalizes tax processes and provides subject matter expertise, analytical and project support to the tax function inside the small to mid-size geography supported.
• Individual contributor role, typically at a career level.
• Works as part of a team of functional colleagues in the region and is accountable for monitoring and carrying out tax processes that support business units and/or regions/countries operating in the relevant geography (United States, Canada, Europe).
• The job holder works in close collaboration with other tax colleagues (potentially not in the same geography), business units and other corporate functions.
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
• Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan
• Generally domestic scope/accountability
• Conduct Tax compliance processes through the gathering and analysis of information, preparation of computations and returns.
• May manage parts of the Tax accounting & reporting process.
• Provide project and analytical support during the process of tax audits.
• Collate and analyze information to support transfer pricing strategies and processes.
• Monitor compliance with corporate tax policy/procedure at country/unit level - including tax accounting and reporting, Internal Controls & Risk, tax compliance and the management of tax audits.
• Researches more complex information utilizing the internet as well as regionally relevant information sources.
• The role holder may be assigned duties in addition to those set forth in this listing.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree or comparable work experience
Preferred Tax Technician, or part- Qualified Accountant, part-qualified Chartered Tax Advisor or equivalent
Minimum Solid experience in financial analysis, preferably including experience in tax
Minimum Some working knowledge of principles of domestic or international tax
Minimum Able to demonstrate effective and successful contributions to team and/or cross-functional team objectives
Minimum Demonstrate the ability to communicate information clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
Minimum Practical working knowledge of accounting
Preferred Positive, practical approach in dealing with colleagues, customers and other contacts
Preferred Proactive and practical hands on approach
Preferred Ability to work independently with limited supervision and reference to others
Preferred Desire to develop and to work across a range of tax functions, geographies and business units
Additional Role Requirements:
Specific Tax Analyst roles may require higher levels of experience or competence in particular areas
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Organization: Xerox (XT)-X000000152
Title: Tax Analyst II
Location: JM-Saint James-Montego Bay
Requisition ID: 16030625