Xerox Systems Development Manager II in Rochester, New York
Xerox is the world's leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its services, technology, and expertise enable workplaces - from small businesses to large global enterprises - to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox serves clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit www.xerox.com, www.news.xerox.com, www.realbusiness.com or www.xerox.com/businessservices.
TheSystems Development Manageris an experienced software engineering manager who is passionate about leading a high performing team and solving large business problems at scale. A highly technical, hands-on technologist as well as an effective manager with a demonstrated ability to recruit, provide performance management functions, direction to technical teams that design, develop, engineer, and sustain software solutions in a complex, multi-vendor, multi-platform environment, using a variety of programming languages and deployment technologies. The candidate should excel in creating well-designed, high quality, solutions with low maintenance cost. A commitment to continuous improvement in software engineering.
The manager is expected to help with setting up and running a Business intelligence platform from scratch. Possible components of the platform being
- A central Data Warehouse with several functional Data Marts
- AN ETL platform that could support standalone ETL functions and with integrations to an integration layer/ messaging platform.
- A self-serve reporting platform based on Tableau
- A reporting platform to serve out canned reports
- Big Data and analytics platform to deal with large data and analytics
- Analyze, assimilate and integrate multi-technology data systems by building a unified, scalable and flexible back-end platform.
- Big Data: Create and execute vision to develop big data solutions to enhance analytics and forecasting capabilities.
- Analytics: Create and execute vision to develop a series of analytic dashboards, encompassing key metrics to be tracked across the organization on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Proactive Analysis: Identify business opportunities and trends.
- Domains: The role holder should have an understanding of the business domains that follow, and may specialize in software solution development in one or more: o Human Resources (HR)/Human Capital Management (HCM) o Finance and accounting o Customer service* *
_Skills/Experience/Requirements_ * 5-8 years leading large teams in business intelligence, analytics, or data science * Comprehensive knowledge of databases, analytics, and data modeling
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required) * Familiarity with statistics or use of statistical applications such as R
Experience with a business intelligence tools, like Tableau
- Prefer experience in two or more BI technology platforms and an End-to-End understanding of the BI Technologies.
- Will interface with Business and IT leadership and will drive initial project planning through business requirements to deployment. This requires excellent communication skills and an ability to work outside traditional project DM boundaries.
- Needs to be comfortable working in a multiple-technology environment. This platform may involve the following technologies: Teradata, Tableau, Microsoft BI
- Manage all BI vendor agreements, including but not limited to negotiations, contract executions, and fulfillment of contractual obligations.
- 8 years of experience building and maintaining BI/DW applications and managing system projects, including 3 years in a supervisory or managerial role covering BI and DW.
- 8 years of experience with enterprise class data warehousing from disparate source systems, relevant technologies and or such as ETL, BI Applications, Big Data, Web Analytics, CRM systems.
- Complete lifecycle experience (data acquisition, data modeling, report building).
- Ability to ensure business needs are translated to proper BI requirements, conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data, and translate the results into actionable deliverables to technical and non-technical business owners.
- Partnering with internal customers (e.g., Marketing, Logistics, Customer Service) to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profitable growth.
- Experience with OLAP technologies, SQL, and related BI software (Microstrategy, Cognos).
_Education_ Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field of study (e.g., Computer Science, MIS, and Engineering). Preferred Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
Job: Software Engineering
Organization: Xerox (XT)
Title: Systems Development Manager II
Location: New York-Rochester
Requisition ID: 16026757
Virtual/work from home? No