Xerox Senior Solution Architect - Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Citrix Services in Rochester, New York
Job Role Summary
The architect role will have broad responsibilities including the design of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solutions, client software integration, Endpoint Security Antivirus, and IT Asset Management services. Collaborating with Enterprise Architects, Service Delivery Management (SDM) teams, Problem Managers, IT outsource service providers, vendors, and business units ensuring solutions align with strategic objectives.
Responsible for IT service architecture governance working with key suppliers to ensure services are designed according to standards, service level agreements, financial cost controls, and security/compliance performance of corresponding services areas. Provides oversight on programs, projects, problem management, and service delivery initiatives. Influencing strategy development, implementation of service delivery resources, oversight for corresponding Workplace services, technology forecasting roadmap, and delivering solutions to internal/extended business partners.
Collaborating with engineering teams to ensure solutions deliver quality, scalable, supportable, and viable results measured against key performance indicators. Understanding and communication of emerging technology trends, roadmaps, and operational improvements. Development of business cases for projects, programs, improvements, and solution upgrades.
- The Architect develops enterprise-level solution design and architecture for supported client services, including integration with Citrix, Endpoint Security, Microsoft Office 365, Collaboration Tools, Messaging, IT Asset Management, and other corporate client service offerings.
- Collaborating with enterprise architects, SDMs, lines of business, support staff, and technology areas, to design and document a technical structure based on the existing standards and processes and meets the strategic needs of the business and integrates with other business and IT Processes.
- Ensuring that solutions have an enterprise strategic perspective and supports overall enterprise architecture strategies.
- Leads efforts to support, resolve, and document issues that arise in the architecture. This may also include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to architecture elements.
- Analyzing and incorporating industry trends. Familiarity with enterprise standards and methodologies.
- Research, analyze, propose, design, and deliver IT architecture solutions that are optimal for the business including IT strategies in one or more domains.
- Ensuring the architectural design of an implemented IT solution supports the strategy, positions for delivery of future functional requirements, standards and roadmaps, meets the short term business functional requirements, and fits with the current architecture.
- Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options. Ensures that the system architecture balances functional, service quality, and systems management requirements.
Has defined architect authority responsibility for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, client software integration, Endpoint Security Antivirus, and IT Asset Management services; including technical, financial, process workflows, service delivery, and quality aspects.
- Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments.
Accountable for actions take and decisions made by self and service delivery teams.
Influences customers, suppliers, and industry partners at peer management levels.
- Influences at level of division internally and influences customer/suppliers and industry at senior management level.
- Decisions impact work of employing organizations, achievement of organizational objectives, and financial performance.
Develops relationships with customers, suppliers, and industry leaders.
Highly complex work activities covering technical, financial, and quality aspects and contributing to formulation of service strategy.
- Work involves creative application of wide range of technical and/or management principles.
Has deep understanding of information systems, industry, emerging technologies, and implications for the wider business environment.
Business Value / Context
Ensures that a Service Catalog of all available services is developed and maintained and that the structure of service level agreements is fully defined by the mapping of services to users and business processes. Takes responsibility for operational structure, escalation procedures, and requisites. Ensuring operational methods, procedures, facilities, and tools are established, reviewed and maintained.
Supports Service Delivery Management teams to ensure solutions incorporate requisite operational methods, procedures, facilities and tools required to achieve defined operational metrics.
Operational Oversight - Collaborates with SDMs during development and post-implementation to ensure services are:
Monitored effectively and that identified solution architecture actions to maintain or improve levels of service are implemented.
- Operational methods, procedures, facilities and tools are established or enhanced as required.
- Negotiates with relevant parties in respect of disruptions and major amendments to the provision of services.
- Supports service delivery reviews to ensure that targets are met and prepares proposals to meet forecast changes in the level or type of service.
- Identifies and manages resources needed for the planning, development and delivery of specified information and communications systems services and products.
- Influences senior-level customers and project teams through change management initiatives, ensuring that professional standards are maintained.
- Plans and manages implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of automated systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business, where the measure of success depends on achieving clearly stated business/financial goals and performance targets.
- Maintains a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how the organization sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resources.
- Contributes to the development and management of agreements with suppliers to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets.
Advises on policy and procedures covering the selection of suppliers, tendering and procurement.
Strategy / Direction
Maintains a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how Conduent sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resources.
- Hosted Application Portfolio across all Farms.
Advises on the selection of suppliers, service offerings, and hardware procurement.
Advises and influences business clients, at management level, regarding the delivery, costs, availability and functionality of services and systems.
- Develops an effective partnership with service delivery managers, suppliers and business clients, establishing confidence and respect.
- Represents Org at a high level, both externally and internally, formally and informally, both for the functions represented and as an individual.
- Initiates and implements procedures for resolution of conflict or contention for service, setting clear priorities such that both foreseeable incidents and unforeseen conflicts are resolved in a professional and responsible manner.
Facilitates good communications between suppliers, stakeholders, and value chain partners.
8-10 years of IT experience, required
- LSS Green Belt online training required.
- Typically has a strong relevant technical or business work experience, including previous Architecture, design and pc client experience.
- Office 365 Pro Plus ‘Click to run” and MSI.
- Knowledge of various virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of Citrix and XENAPP.
- NetScaller [VPN Gateway] technology and architecture.
- Knowledge of Thin Client technology.
- External access solutions/implementations (Extranet)
- Windows, Windows server, Active Directory, Active Directory groups and GPO.
- Installation/configuration of Microsoft productivity suites.
- Server sizing, Storage, and performance tuning.
- Service/Technology Monitoring, Trending, and Reporting strategy concepts.
- Business Continuity Disaster Recovery Architecture Concepts and Failover Technologies.
- Knowledge of Computer Networks and connectivity (LAN/WAN/TCP).
- Windows/Linux/Solaris, mid-tier, Web, Databases Oracle/SQL and Active Directory Services.
- VDI High Availability options, concepts, and capabilities.
- Comprehension of server Backup and Recovery Services.
- IT Asset Management operationalization, service delivery, reporting, and tools (I.E. Eracent).
- Client Security Policy Configuration Management including Endpoint and Antivirus Software.
- Developed range of strategic management and leadership skills.
- Has demonstrated extensive relevant technical or business work experience.
- Has broad commercial and technical expertise, often in a variety of environments.
- Demonstrates the leadership skills needed to handle innovation and change resulting from the implementation of new information and communications technology solutions.
- Is familiar with the requirements of the organization for products and services and with the use of the products and services which are the subjects of the agreements.
- Understands standard contracting procedures within own organization.
- Have sound commercial, organizational, time management, negotiation and resource management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work activities.
- Is skilled in conducting meetings and team management.
- Has a broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts, current and emerging RISK Coherences, and architectures, coupled with practical knowledge of problem management and the principles and processes of implementing and delivering IT services.
- Demonstrated ability for systematically analyzing and managing problems arising from incidents in the operation of information systems. Has general awareness of critical incidents and business implications.
- Demonstrated ability to become thoroughly familiar with the services and products delivered and the tools, methods, procedures, equipment and software used in the operation and management of the service.
- Has the ability to lead teams successfully, when handling complex or high impact problems.
- Excellent demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills.
Above average proficiency using office productivity applications.
ITIL V3 - Completion of prescribed foundation eLearning courses is required for all positions.
- Risk: Broad and thorough understanding of Risk-Coherences (Safe Harbor, Privacy, PCI, ISRA, SOX, SOD, DR, BCAP, etc…)
- PC Software lifecycle management.
- PC Security and Corresponding Concepts.
- PC Client Imaging, Distribution, Management, Architecture, and Delivery experience.
Processing Services – Management of supplier delivery of: Data Center Facilities Operations, Data Center Networking, Operating Systems, Storage Technologies, Virtualization Concepts and Implementations including Cloud, Service Continuity.
Bachelor’s Degree or Masters Degree (preferred) Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, Contract Administration, Finance, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
This job description is meant as a guideline for applicants, and employees of Conduent. It is not a definitive or exhaustive description and consequently may not include all tasks or functions related to the position. This document does not create, and is not part of, an employment contract. Please note the position may change to meet the changing requirements of Conduent’s business. Employees may be assigned duties either, in addition to or instead of, those set out in this document and the position is subject to further changes at Conduent's discretion.
Job: IM Service Delivery
Organization: Xerox (XT)
Title: Senior Solution Architect - Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Citrix Services
Location: New York-Rochester
Requisition ID: 16026603
Virtual/work from home? No