Xerox Account Operations Manager (AOM) I in Pleasanton, California
Xerox is a global business services, technology and document management company helping organizations manage their business processes and information. Since the invention of xerography just over 75 years ago, we have continued engineering how the world works by applying our experience in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and human centric design to make a real difference for our customers and their customers. We have changed the way the world shops, learns, parks, does banking, receives healthcare and, of course – works.
Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox has more than 140,000 employees and does business in more than 180 countries. Together, we provide business process services, printing equipment, hardware and software technology for managing information -- from data to documents. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for the management of client relationship and contract delivery of outsourcing/facilities management to end user customers. Activities involve maintaining contracted service levels resulting in customer satisfaction, maintaining customer relationships, customer satisfaction management, contract commitments delivered within cost targets, overall profit and revenue growth.
• The Account Operations Manager role is a key services delivery operations leadership position. The Account Operations Manager manages the services delivery of multiple client services contracts. Objectives of position are to build and maintain successful client relationships, deliver operational excellence, manage daily operations of a client account/account team, manage internal/external partner relationships, key client interface for daily operations, facilitate/own client focused communications, people & talent management, and drive financial performance (revenue and profit growth and expense management).
• Key components of success include: delivering operational excellence & SLA achievement, client satisfaction and retention, developing strong relationships and teams (internally & externally), managing the P&L at account/contract level, collaborating with internal senior leaders (sales and operations), identifying additional opportunities to grow revenue and profit, reduce costs
• The position is an operational leadership role with full operational accountability for a portfolio of assigned small to medium sized accounts.
• Has responsibility for annual post sale revenue/gross profit plan, on average, up to $5M.
• Has people management responsibilities, across multiple sites including a matrixes, virtual team environment.
• The position manages both internal and external (client and partner) relationships, and interfaces with multiple levels.
• Contributes to departmental business plans and priorities by applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety issues
• Sets priorities for team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
• Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
• Typically a graduate, although may have progressed into the role via equivalent business experience that provide knowledge and exposure to fundamental, theories, principles, and concepts
• Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager
• Client Relationship Management:
• Communications, Relationship building and Networking
• Services Delivery Operational Leadership:
• Deliver operational excellence – assess and optimize customer’s print technology and business processes driving innovation, high quality & cost effectiveness
• Manage services client contracts and statements of work/service level agreements delivering contracted scope
• Effective communications (internally & externally)
• Effective, efficient resolution of client problems/issues, leveraging internal/external resources
• Understand & leverage Xerox print technology and solutions
• Achieve Contract Service Level Agreements/Customer Satisfaction:
• Owns delivery of services through operational teams
• Deploy services to meet contracted Service Level Agreements/Statement of Work and reporting requirements
• Focal point for service level agreement management, key performance indicators, reporting, and problem resolution
• Advise client of opportunities to improve the success of their business operations
• Understand client’s industry, business and their critical business drivers
• Provide leadership and support for new deal implementations with implementation partners
• Identify opportunities to improve gross profit through cost management and post-sale revenue growth
• Develop and conduct client business reviews & support overall client communication plan in partnership with sales
• People and Resource Management:
• Talent Management - Complete/lead all HR activities for teams including recruiting, retention, succession planning, training, performance management, development, compensation/pay, team building, and recognition practices
• Manage talent acquisition per labor cost strategy
• Deploy communications to teams and gather feedback for on-going improvement
• Financial/ Business Growth:
• Accountable for achievement of financial plan
• Manage contract(s) to meet revenue and cost projections; resource allocation levels to meet contractual commitments, and work with partners to achieve TTR, DSO/cash, and audit requirements.
• Generate demand for same account revenue growth & cost management opportunities
• Analyze workflow to ensure efficient and cost effective operations. Develop / implement process improvements
• Provide accurate and timely customer billing/inspection
• Maximize account retention
• Meet all monthly reporting requirements and manage internal control processes
Minimum Associate Degree / College Diploma /Cegep / A Levels or equivalent Military/other experience
Preferred Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Military/other experience
Minimum LSS Green Belt Certification
Preferred IT based certifications (ex., Intel, Networking, Kopeks, etc.)
Preferred Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification, Qwik solver or Equivalent education/experience.
Preferred Project management experience
Preferred Managed Print Services solutions management (centralized print, Fleet management/optimization assessment, rate card, etc.)
Preferred Understand the breadth of Xerox products, solutions and services (key offerings) and the resources that support delivery of the services.
Minimum Service Outsourcing / Operations experience (ie., leads services. delivery teams; estab. Operational control processes; fosters client relationships; plans for change; monitors KPIs; best practice sharing, etc.)
Minimum Technology Acumen- systems understanding or networked document solutions (i.e. electronic print on demand, internet solutions, IT optimization)
Minimum Financial planning and knowledge of finance, DSO/cash, service pricing & billing processes. Profit focused and accountable for results, strong business and financial acumen
Minimum P&L management - cost reduction and revenue management experience
Minimum MS Office, Excel (i.e. pivot tables, vlookup) and Powerpoint
Minimum Ability to manage employees within diverse/virtual environments
Minimum Negotiation and conflict management skills
Minimum Successful client relationship development experience; comfortable interacting with client’s executive levels
Preferred Partner management (internal and external partners)
Minimum Planning, organizing, executing and controlling skills
Minimum Ability to assess issues, define causes, and prioritize/execute solutions
Minimum Written and verbal communications skills at all organizational levels (internal and external); comfort level with client communications
Minimum Demonstrated leadership skills, high energy and team motivator
Minimum Self-initiative and results oriented
Additional Role Requirements:
Role Specific Competencies
Intermediate Level - Client Focus - demonstrating willingness to identify, understand and give priority to meeting the needs of the client
Intermediate Level - Results Focus - the drive and determination to achieve objectives, overcoming obstacles to deliver results
Intermediate Level - Embracing Change - the ability to work flexibly, adapting quickly to change and responding positively to new ways of working enabling us to thrive on change and constantly improve
Intermediate Level - Corporate Citizenship - maintaining and promoting social, ethical and organizational values in the working environment and all business activities; placing the needs of the client and the goals of the organization above one’s own personal interests
Intermediate Level - Teamwork & Collaboration - displays enthusiasm and contributes to an effective team environment; demonstrates willingness to work cooperatively with others to deliver excellent client service or to achieve a shared goal
Intermediate Level - Communication & Influencing - the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external people, formally and informally, and where necessary to gain their agreement and acceptance
Intermediate Level - People Management – the ability to lead, motivate and inspire others to excel and delivery high standards of performance for the business
Intermediate Level - Relationship Management in Services - the ability to effectively manage external and internal relationships with clients, partners, suppliers and other stakeholders maximizing business benefits, ensuring alignment, reducing costs and minimizing risks to client delivery and
Intermediate Level - Financial Management of Services – ability to plan, control and account for the cost of service provision
Intermediate Level - Service Operations Expertise – ability to use process models and frameworks available within the company and externally to drive quality of service in service delivery
Intermediate Level - Service Governance & Performance Management - the ability to provide overall direction and control for the Xerox delivered services to deliver high-quality, cost-effective services to the client
Foundation Level - Represent the Full Capabilities of Xerox – creating opportunities for selling unique, value-added solutions through the effective positioning of the full spectrum of the Xerox portfolio
Intermediate Level - Technical Expertise – applying an in-depth technical expertise to resolve client and Xerox business issues and to address key business drivers
Foundation Level - Creativity and Innovation - The ability to challenge current ways of doing things (conventional practices), adapt established methods to new situations, pursue ongoing process improvements, create and evaluate new solutions and ideas.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Account Operations Manager (AOM) I
Requisition ID: 17003093
Virtual/work from home? Yes