Xerox VP, Global Strategy in Norwalk, Connecticut
Reporting to the Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer, the VP of Global Strategy will lead Xerox’s overall strategy efforts and manage the Corporate Strategy team. The successful candidate will have a broad, global mandate across Corporate and Operating unit strategy, and will work across the Business Segments and Lines of Business (LOBs) to ensure that the company has the people, process and technology resources needed to drive the development and evolution of strategy within Xerox. The Head of Corporate Strategy will orchestrate a company-wide process to define and revise, as necessary, long-term strategic plans for the company.
The successful candidate will be a member of the senior leadership team, and will partner directly with leaders of the business units and the Board of Directors.
The position will be located in the company’s Norwalk, CT headquarters.
· Work closely with the senior leadership team to develop, evolve and communicate the vision and strategic plan for the company. Focus on opportunities for the company to continue to improve and grow its competitive position, both within the industry and beyond.
· Manage and lead the annual and semi-annual strategy sessions of the senior leadership team. As part of this role, this person will be expected to be an “ad hoc” member of the senior leadership team including a significant level of interaction with the CSO, CEO, CFO and operating leaders of the company.
· Establish market and competitive analysis capabilities to constantly stay ahead of trends in and around the industry; act as a resource to business units to develop robust strategic planning skills throughout the operating team.
· Drive organizational capability by building a highly committed and capable strategy team, coaching and mentoring incumbents and/or bringing in additional talent as needed. Provide teams with the authority, accountability, training, information and resources to achieve their full potential and successfully drive the company’s performance. Act as a talent exporter to the vast enterprise and actively recruit SBD staff into their business units.
· Advise the CSO and other executives on the financial implications and risks related to key issues and important strategic decisions, keeping them posted on a timely basis regarding the ongoing financial condition of the organization.
· Chair of the Xerox Strategy Council – a group of line strategy executives with a mission of achieving alignment and coordination of the company’s strategic plans and direction.
· Manage the Customer Insight and Intelligence team to deliver actionable market insights and a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and competitive threats.
· Partner with the CSO, CFO and the Head of Corporate Development/M&A in identifying, reviewing and implementing strategic transactions or partnerships which are aligned with Xerox’s strategic priorities.
· 15 years of experience working within global strategy in a corporate setting, ideally for a services, outsourcing or technology company. This experience should also be complemented with some operational experience.
· Previous experience in one of the blue-chip strategy consulting firms. Background in investment banking, venture capital/private equity, corporate development or other strategic/financial roles may also be considered.
· Demonstrated experience developing strategies for large, complex global organizations where working across boundaries and leading through influence are keys to success.
· Strong written and oral communication skills and experience in communicating strategic initiatives to senior executives.
· Track record of successfully “acting” on strategic plans and implementing a program to drive and track results.
· An advanced degree (i.e. MBA) or additional certifications (i.e. CPA, CFA) are preferred, but not required.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox in the U.S. may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com . Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: VP, Global Strategy
Requisition ID: 17003715
Virtual/work from home? No