Xerox Credit & Collections Associate I in Kingston, Jamaica
Xerox is a global business services, technology and document management company helping organizations manage their business processes and information. Since the invention of xerography just over 75 years ago, we have continued engineering how the world works by applying our experience in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and human centric design to make a real difference for our customers and their customers. We have changed the way the world shops, learns, parks, does banking, receives healthcare and, of course – works.
Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox has more than 140,000 employees and does business in more than 180 countries. Together, we provide business process services, printing equipment, hardware and software technology for managing information -- from data to documents. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for collecting overdue payments and establishing re-payment arrangements.
• Performs a wide variety of credit and collection functions. Collects monies owed on delinquent accounts.
• Entry Level with little or no prior work experience
• Acquires basic skills to perform routine tasks
• Work is routine and requires minimal problem resolution
• Completes work with limited autonomy
• Works with either close supervision or under clearly defined procedures
• Performs one or more of the following duties:
• Monitors delinquent accounts and implements collection procedures.
• Sends follow-up letters and accepts payment on certain accounts.
• Performs tasks and ensures quality in support of post-sale customer administration business initiatives.
• Input information through data screens to accurately reflect account activity & resolve account discrepancies and balances
• Re-bills companies or individuals when appropriate.
• Responds to inquiries from customers or external collection resources.
• Obtains required information from credit organizations, banks and loan associations for new customer applications and/or delinquent accounts
• Maintains databases by entering, updating, and retrieving data as well as formatting and generating reports.
• Evaluates new and existing customer creditworthiness; extends and/or revokes credit lines/limits.
• Receives/places calls or send letters to customers to resolve billing or invoice issues on delinquent accounts
• Reviews and makes recommendations regarding bad debt or write-offs.
• Develops and maintains relationships with external credit agencies
• Collect coins and currency from parking meters and toll pay stations
• All other duties as assigned
Minimum High School Diploma / (GED) / Secondary School GCSE or equivalent
Minimum Likely to have had some experience within a large organization, ideally within collections / customer service .
Minimum Demonstrated negotiation skills.
Minimum Ability to plan and organize daily activities in a methodical and productive manner
Minimum Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills. Must be able to build positive, productive relationships with customers, value chain partners and team members
Minimum Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Minimum Flexible to work in a fast paced environment and flexible to changes; desire to succeed
Preferred Strong communication skills and the ability to establish relationships with accounts
Preferred Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Job: Credit & Collections
Organization: Finance and Accounting-X000000145
Title: Credit & Collections Associate I
Requisition ID: 16030692