Xerox Engineer I, Software Engineering in Kerala, India
Xerox is a global business services, technology and document management company helping organizations manage their business processes and information. Since the invention of xerography just over 75 years ago, we have continued engineering how the world works by applying our experience in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and human centric design to make a real difference for our customers and their customers. We have changed the way the world shops, learns, parks, does banking, receives healthcare and, of course – works.
Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox has more than 140,000 employees and does business in more than 180 countries. Together, we provide business process services, printing equipment, hardware and software technology for managing information -- from data to documents. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for those functions, activities, and skills required for analysis, design, coding, integration, test & maintenance of software modules, subsystems or systems which control other electrical, mechanical, electronic or network systems.
• Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
• Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
• Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
• Moderate decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol
• May perform one or more of the following:
• Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
• May develop a range of products including device drivers, patches, operating system modifications, graphics modules, etc.
• Analyzes, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
• Using current programming languages and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
• Plans and directs studies of potential electronic data processing applications.
• Develops and installs programs to support general business applications running on PCs.
• Designs web pages, including graphics, animation, and functionality; develops infrastructure and applications related to pages.
• May make hardware or software purchasing recommendations regarding web development.
• All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Shows a systematic, analytical approach to problem solving.
Minimum Has good interpersonal skills and is confident in dealing with clients/users and suppliers. Excellent listening skills.
Minimum Above average verbal, written and presentation skills.
Minimum Above average proficiency using standard Office productivity applications pc-based analytical tools.
Minimum Has a broad and moderately deep knowledge coupled with working knowledge of the activities of those businesses and other organizations that use software systems.
Minimum Takes initiative to keep own and skills up to date and to maintain awareness of and, in own area(s) of expertise.
Minimum Technical knowledge and understanding of major technology areas, platforms, development processes and system lifecycles
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Engineer I, Software Engineering
Requisition ID: 17002743