Xerox Associate Analyst, IM Architecture in Kerala, India
Xerox is a global business services, technology and document management company helping organizations manage their business processes and information. Since the invention of xerography just over 75 years ago, we have continued engineering how the world works by applying our experience in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and human centric design to make a real difference for our customers and their customers. We have changed the way the world shops, learns, parks, does banking, receives healthcare and, of course – works.
Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox has more than 140,000 employees and does business in more than 180 countries. Together, we provide business process services, printing equipment, hardware and software technology for managing information -- from data to documents. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for the specification of systems architecture and identification of components. Researches, analyzes, designs, proposes, and delivers IT architecture solutions that are optimal for the business and IT strategies. Provides integrated systems analysis and recommends appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. Ensures architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices for existing and planned systems remain compatible within IT infrastructure.
• The role holder is responsible for support the architectural design of an IT system solution that support the architecture strategy, positions for future functional requirements, standards and roadmaps, meets the short term business functional requirements, and fits with the current architecture.
• This includes defining the platform supporting the initial delivery and charting a clear course for extending that initial solution to meet evolving business needs over time; and assembling and documenting the architectural requirements for the strategic solution.
• Works with the lines of business, support staff, and technology areas, to design and document a technical structure based on the existing standards and processes, that meets the strategic needs of the business and integrates with other business and IT Processes.
• The role holder supports the effort to provide integrated systems analysis and may recommend to more senior role holders, appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. This may include coordinating activities of the project team and assisting in the monitoring of project schedules and costs.
• The role holder is responsible for maintaining awareness of appropriate industry trends, and being familiar with enterprise standards, methodology and in the platform(s) being utilized (Oracle, SAP). The role will also have familiarity with the enterprise infrastructure and applications, and will specialize in a particular domain.
• Performs routine assignments in entry level of the professional career band
• Typically a graduate, although may have progressed into the role via equivalent business experience that provide knowledge and exposure to fundamental, theories, principles, and concepts
• Professional roles will typically require a degree in their specific discipline which may apply to specific positions.
• Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others
• Limited decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol
• Specifies and designs small systems. Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively. Reviews others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology.
• Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on small complexity design options. Ensures that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
• Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
• Within a business change program, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
• Ensures that the system architecture supports the integrated solutions design and the Enterprise architecture.
• Learns about appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures.
• Adheres to standards, strategies and procedures across the development lifecycle in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them.
• Maintains knowledge of specific technical specialisms and provides advice regarding their application. The specialism can be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, and product or application area.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Minimum May have experience in some IT areas and relevant architecture experience. Requires entry level knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications, infrastructure, systems design and integration.
Minimum Is familiar with the principles and practices involved in development and maintenance of software solutions and architectures and in service delivery.
Minimum Has knowledge of the system components and interfaces being designed or integrated, testing procedures, configuration issues and challenges.
Minimum Has strong technical background and remains evergreen with technology and industry developments.
Minimum Possesses a general understanding of the systems and applications that enable business processes.
Minimum Demonstrates a rational and organized approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality.
Minimum Demonstrates high standards of professional behavior in dealings with clients, colleagues and staff.
Minimum Demonstrates the ability to take responsibility and shows skill in the management of change and can handle contacts of most types and at most levels.
Minimum Is able to work collaboratively with others on significant issues and in making decisions.
Minimum Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication.
Minimum Has a practical understanding of business process and supporting data. Role Specific Competencies are available at: https://thehub.xerox.com/sites/it/en/Resources/Pages/XIM BOT.aspx
Minimum Has an understanding of project and program management techniques.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Job: IM Architecture
Organization: HRS Capability-X000003001
Title: Associate Analyst, IM Architecture
Requisition ID: 16031815