Xerox Analyst II, IM Business Analysis in Karnataka, India
Xerox is a global business services, technology and document management company helping organizations manage their business processes and information. Since the invention of xerography just over 75 years ago, we have continued engineering how the world works by applying our experience in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and human centric design to make a real difference for our customers and their customers. We have changed the way the world shops, learns, parks, does banking, receives healthcare and, of course – works.
Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox has more than 140,000 employees and does business in more than 180 countries. Together, we provide business process services, printing equipment, hardware and software technology for managing information -- from data to documents. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Support Business Units in the creation and support of their Business Continuity Plans
• This role helps design, modify and creates business continuity plans that will be used to meet SOX requirements. This is done through research and fact-finding combined with a basic understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry requirements.
• The role holder adheres to the established processes and requirements management methodology and practices, while carrying out their responsibilities. This includes meeting established quality standards.
• Support Business Units across the Capability
• Works under broad direction.
• Full accountability for own technical work ans support responsibilities.
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives.
• Establishes own milestones, team objectives and delegates assignments.
• Work is often self-initiated.
• Influences organization, customers, suppliers and peers within industry in area of specialization.
• Significant responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources.
• Decisions impact on success of assigned plan development/maintenance
• Develops business relationships with BU managers and practitioners
• Challenging range variety of complex plans or professional work activities.
• Work requires application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts.
• Understands relationship between Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
• Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan
• Generally domestic scope/accountability
• Supports the managers and practitioners in the business units as they create, maintains their BCPs.
• Supports the managers and practitioners in their use of the BCP-related tools
• Works with and supports the efforts of the Conduent BCP Coordinator and the internal Capability BCP Coordinator
• Key Tasks:
• Works with colleagues and clients/users to investigate operational requirements so their BCPs reflect their business
• Works with colleagues and clients/users in specifying information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects that will meet the business requirements.
• Documents all work using the required standards, methods and tools.
• Arranges, prepares and takes part in client/users meetings and presents issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
• Assists clients/users in defining business continuity plans
• Assists in defining, planning and justifying (in business terms) projects to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related and relevant field; or equivalent work experience
Minimum LSS Green Belt desired
Certified Business Continuity Professional desired
Minimum Typically has substantial IT experience, plus experience in business systems analysis, process engineering and process/organizational transformation.
At least 3 years of experience in Business Continuity Planning.
Possesses a broad understanding of business and business skills.
Minimum Has a good understanding of business processes and how to reflect them in a BCP
Minimum Takes a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail.
Minimum Role Specific Competencies are available at: https://thehub.xerox.com/sites/it/en/Resources/Pages/XIM BOT.aspx
Additional Role Requirements:
Exposure to business process modeling
Exposure to enterprise data modeling exposure
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Job: IM Business Analysis
Organization: Finance and Accounting-X000000145
Title: Analyst II, IM Business Analysis
Requisition ID: 16028596