Xerox RN Healthcare Coordinator in Jefferson City, Missouri
Xerox is the world's leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its services, technology, and expertise enable workplaces - from small businesses to large global enterprises - to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox serves clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit www.xerox.com, www.news.xerox.com, www.realbusiness.com or www.xerox.com/businessservices.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
Position: RN Health Care Coordinator
Position Summary : The Health Care Coordinator is responsible for precertification of selected services or procedures, concurrent review, and retrospective review. The Health Care Coordinator interacts regularly with health care staff, providers, and physicians with some interaction with patients and their families; assists in the development of policy relating to precertification and utilization management; acts as an advocate in coordinating and gaining access to needed health care services; participates in quality improvement activities and interacts with claims administrator personnel to exchange required certification information.
1. 1. Registered Nurse with active and unrestricted license to practice in the State of Missouri and multi-state licensure when applicable.
2. 2. Minimum three years nursing experience in an acute care or relevant setting with evidence of the ability to make sound nursing judgment.
3. 3. Minimum one year experience in a utilization review/case management setting; desirable.
4. 4. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential with accurate spelling, grammar, and documentation skills.
5. 5. Evidence of ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and assertively with medical providers and others.
6. 6. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
7. 7. Proficient in basic computer skills including Microsoft Windows and Office along with the ability to access the internet to effectively navigate web-based programs and to do research.
1. 1. Certifies services based upon policy and information received from attending physician and/or other providers using established medical criteria. Refers all cases that do not meet established criteria to physician review.
2. 2. Requests certification reviews as appropriate.
3. 3. Follows up to cases for appropriate discharge.
4. 4. Manages referrals as required by specific benefit plans.
5. 5. Maintains current knowledge of related healthcare Federal and State regulations.
6. 6. Performs all activities within the scope of licensure and acts within the scope of Federal and State Laws and programs.
7. 7. Maintains knowledge of cultural differences including socioeconomic factors, cultural traditions and spiritual beliefs, and researches these differences as needed via libraries, Internet and/or professional journals.
- Establishes an effective working relationship with the patient/family, provider and payer.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Job: Service Delivery Healthcare
Organization: Government Healthcare Site
Title: RN Healthcare Coordinator
Location: Missouri-Jefferson City
Requisition ID: 16031109
Virtual/work from home? No