Xerox Analyst II, IM Service Delivery (Application Support Lead) in Haryana, India
• Ensures that service delivery meets agreed service levels. Creates and maintains a catalogue of available services. Determines service level requirements and negotiates and agrees service levels. Diagnoses service delivery problems to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service. Initiates or refers required actions. Establishes and maintains operational methods, procedures and facilities in assigned area of responsibility and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency. Ensures that service delivery is monitored and all relevant information is recorded and analyzed.
• Takes responsibility for the design, procurement, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance and effective use of IT components and monitors their performance. Provides technical management of an IT operation, ensuring that agreed service levels are met and all relevant procedures are adhered to. Schedules and supervises all maintenance and installation work. Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved. Provides appropriate status and other reports to specialists, users and managers. Ensures that operational procedures and working practices are fit for purpose and current.
• Ensures that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve incidents and problems in systems and services. Ensures that such incidents and problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting systems. Coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
• Maintains a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how XIM sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resources. Assists in the development of and manages the execution of contracts with suppliers to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets. Is responsible for the day-to-day service delivery liaison between XIM and designated suppliers. Ensures that supplier performance is properly monitored and regularly reviewed. Advises on policy and procedures covering the selection of suppliers, tendering and procurement.
• Autonomy Works under broad direction. Full accountability for own technical work or project/supervisory responsibilities. Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Establishes own milestones, team objectives and delegates assignments. Work is often self-initiated.
• Influence Influences organization, customers, suppliers and peers within industry on contribution of specialization. Significant responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources. Decisions impact on success of assigned projects i.e. results, deadlines and budget. Develops business relationships with business partners.
• Complexity Challenging range variety of complex technical or professional work activities. Work requires application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts. Understands relationship between specialism and wider customer/ organizational requirements.
• Strategy / Direction
• Creates and maintains a catalogue of all available services (Service Catalogue). Defines the mapping of services to clients/users to establish the structure of service level agreements (SLAs). Establishes, documents and maintains operational methods, procedures, and facilities in assigned area of responsibility, and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency.
• Influences design and development of new and changed systems and services to optimize operational efficiency. Contributes to definition of associated standards and techniques. Recommends operational and maintenance acceptance of new systems and services.
• Contributes to departmental policy, procedures and practices on matters such as security, health and safety, environmental controls, service facilities and media storage.
• Maintains a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how the organization sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resource. Advises on policy and procedures covering the selection of suppliers, tendering and procurement.
• Business Value/ Context
• Works with client/user representatives to determine service level requirements. Negotiates and agrees to service levels covering aspects of quantity (e.g. hours, times, throughput, consumables) and quality (e.g. availability, reliability, performance, growth capacity, support, contingency and security).
• Manages customer expectations and perceptions in order to optimize customer satisfaction. Works with customers to establish qualitative assessment of the service provision, from the client/user perspective. Proposes service improvements based on analysis of metrics, and satisfaction surveys.
• Obtains and manages budgets for the execution of third party contracts, taking responsibility for selling the products and/or services within own organization. Ensures invoices from suppliers are checked to establish whether they are valid, and authorizes payment.
• Liaises with service level management, in the specification of services, identification and choice of suppliers and negotiation of contracts and changes to contracts, service levels and specifications with end user management and suppliers. Either has sole responsibility for small contracts which are not mission critical or is one of a team handling larger or more important contracts.
• Operational Oversight
• Regularly reviews Operational Level Agreements (OLAs - internal), and/or underpinning agreements (external) to ensure that they are in line with SLA targets. Liaises regularly with service providers and customers to review and improve performance against SLA. Reviews SLAs, produces new SLAs and extensions to existing SLAs. Negotiates changes and improvements to SLAs with the agreement of service provider and user management.
• Liaises with those responsible for problem management in the diagnosis and resolution of service problems, ensuring that account is taken of agreed levels of service. Initiates action to maintain or improve levels of service, referring issues to higher levels of management as required.
• Monitors levels of service achieved, ensures detailed metrics and records are kept and analyzed, provides adequate, accurate and timely reports, to clients/users and providers, on actual service levels achieved compared with the targets set in SLAs, and initiates appropriate action involving other service management functions as necessary.
• Monitors the effectiveness of all service level management tools and processes in use. Recommends and justifies the purchase of new or upgraded tools and processes.
• Ensures that regular meetings to review performance and progress take place with suppliers
• Develops contracts for the supply of products and/or services, ensuring that each contract underpins the relevant service level agreement(s) with the business, and enables key performance indicators and agreed targets to be met.
• Is fully responsible, or leader of a team, for the liaison between the customer and the supplier organizations, owning the relationship on behalf of the customer organization, and enabling all communications to take place effectively and efficiently. Is the first point of escalation for any issues or problems raised by the suppliers, or users, and is responsible for arbitration in situations of conflict.
• Ensures that users in own organization are aware of the terms and conditions of contracts, and deal appropriately with suppliers. Facilitates good communications between suppliers and users within own organization.
• Ensures that quantitative and qualitative data is collected and analyzed to monitor the suppliers performance against agreed service levels, publishes the results, and initiates actions based on results. Ensures proper monitoring of the contracts and recommends actions, including the enforcement of any penalty clauses, to bring contracts back into line or to terminate them.
• Maintains agreed statistics for quality assurance purposes to assess the ongoing success and effectiveness of the process.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Contract Administration, Finance, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Preferred: Master's Degree as above
Preferred: LSS Green Belt.
Candidate Background: Skills, Knowledge & Ability:
Typically has significant relevant technical or business work experience.
Shows a systematic, analytical approach to problem solving.
Has broad commercial and technical expertise, often in a variety of environments.
Demonstrates the special leadership skills needed to handle innovation and change resulting from the implementation of new information and communications technology solutions.
Possesses a good level of management skills, with particular emphasis on interpersonal and negotiating skills.
Demonstrates good negotiation skills with experience of dealing with users, other staff and suppliers.
Is familiar with the requirements of the organization for products and services and with the use of the products and services which are the subjects of the contracts. Understands standard contracting procedures within own organization.
Has sound commercial, organizational, time management, negotiation and staff management skills. Pays attention to detail. Is skilled in conducting meetings and team management.
Has a broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts and architectures, coupled with practical knowledge of problem management and the principles and processes of implementing and delivering IT services.
Shows aptitude for analyzing and managing problems arising from incidents in the operation of information systems. Has general awareness of the nature of business-critical incidents, and of their implications for the business.
Is thoroughly familiar with the services and products delivered and the tools, methods, procedures, equipment and software used in the operation and management of the service.
Has the ability to lead teams of staff successfully, when handling complex or high impact problems.
Above average verbal, written and presentation skills.
Above average proficiency using standard Office productivity applications pc-based analytical tools.
Additional Role Requirements:
Foundation: Complete prescribed eLearning courses
Advanced: Service Mgmt level certification
Applications (CRM, ERP concepts e.g. Siebel, Oracle, SAP
Network Technologies (Routing technology conceptual level, network transmission, wireless, architectures, switching, security, VPN, Internet,
Client Devices (PC, handheld devices etc.)
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox in the U.S. may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job: IM Service Delivery
Organization: COE IT Corporate
Title: Analyst II, IM Service Delivery (Application Support Lead)
Requisition ID: 16026346
Virtual/work from home? No