Xerox Legal Consultant in Hamburg, Germany
Xerox is the world's leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its services, technology, and expertise enable workplaces - from small businesses to large global enterprises - to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox serves clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit www.xerox.com, www.news.xerox.com, www.realbusiness.com or www.xerox.com/businessservices.
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to successfully close deals working as a business partner to the divisions and capabilities managing most of their legal requirements
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience or the drive and motivation to get to grips with these areas of the law
• Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan to improve products or services
• Generally domestic scope/accountability and assist on all legal matters across Xerox Services international operations and offices.
• Reviews, negotiates and drafts contracts (including NDAs, RFPs and service agreements). Counsels business leaders regarding legal perspective and related commercial impact on a variety of business matters, including pro-active business involvement in legal changes impacting the business.
• Contributes to and support of set-up of new and/or renewal of all types of commercial contracts including negotiating deals (which may be international in scope).
• Provides expertise regarding data privacy regulations for compliance reasons as well as meeting related client requirements.
• Manages all litigations in close collaboration with the business.
• Supports the assigned business groups in relevant internal and external compliance questions.
• Works closely with HR regarding employment law with special focus on works council, data privacy and business re-organisation
• Contributes in various types of business projects where legal advice or support (may also include cross-border) may be required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Ideally 3 - 5 years of work experience in either the services industry or a law firm with focus on contract / commercial law and data privacy, employment law as a plus
• Hands-on attitude, able to build good relationships to a variety of internal and external contacts (also higher level), commercially-minded, flexible but well-organised style to work with minimum supervision, business acumen
• Eager to learn and take ownership on new subjects/activities quickly, able to reduce complexity into actionable items
• Fluent German and English language skills
• Business travel is required
WHAT WE OFFER:
• An international working environment, being part of a cross-country Legal team and collaborating closely with multiple business leaders and project teams
• A dynamic business in a growing market which includes multiple opportunities to personally learn and grow as well as getting in touch with a variety of business and legal issues
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today. Send your CV in English to email@example.com.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Job: Legal Support
Organization: XS Legal
Title: Legal Consultant
Requisition ID: 16030427
Virtual/work from home? No