Xerox Benefits Admin Spec in Chesapeake, Virginia
Xerox is the world's leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its services, technology, and expertise enable workplaces - from small businesses to large global enterprises - to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox serves clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit www.xerox.com, www.news.xerox.com, www.realbusiness.com or www.xerox.com/businessservices.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
Benefits Administrator:Under direct supervision, this individual typically has direct telephone contact with participants regarding various aspects of their benefit plan(s) including health and welfare benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, disability, flexible spending accounts, etc.) and/or retirement benefits (401(k) savings plans and pension plans). Responsibilities may also include: processing pension calculations; the preparation and processing of cyclical deliverables; identifying, researching and resolving data discrepancy problems; reconciling applicable financial reports with third party data; researching and responding to inquires from management and other personnel; reviewing system test plans and control groups; performing end user testing; monitoring the quality and aging of cases in designated systems; producing reports; coaching other team members; and researching and responding to inquires from management and other personnel.
- Performing data entry
- Reviewing incoming forms for completion and accuracy; taking appropriate corrective action
- Process participant events and transactions
- Processing cyclical deliverables
- Producing standards reports
- Performing project work
- Establishing, updating and closing cases in the Contact Management System
- Reviewing edit reports; taking corrective action when necessary
- Identifying, researching and resolving data discrepancies
- Contacting third parties to resolve participant issues (e.g. eligibility, stop payment/reissue)
- Performing user acceptance testing (e.g. client specific systems)
- Using database to document issues and provide status updates
- Reconciling pension payments and/or H&W deductions
- Reviewing specifications
- Reviewing test plans and/or control groups
- Performing end user testing of new systems releases
- Developing and maintaining checklists, procedures and plan documentation
- Verifying accuracy of participant events and transactions
- Leading project work
- Quality reviewing work prior to peer review
- Adhering to standard time reporting practices (e.g. timesheets, billing code use)
- Performing peer reviews
- Training other team members
- Participating on work groups to develop new approaches to work, products and services
/Required Skills & Abilities: / * Minimum 5 years work experience in a customer-service focused environment * Excellent oral and written communication skills * Organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously * Ability to remain poised, patient, empathetic, tactful and composed while talking with plan participants * Strong computer skills to include Windows, Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer * Strong math aptitude or prior benefits administration experience a must * Minimum of a 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Benefits Admin Spec
Requisition ID: 16021773
Virtual/work from home? No