Xerox Healthcare Data Scientist (remote base candidates welcome) in California
Xerox is the world's leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its services, technology, and expertise enable workplaces - from small businesses to large global enterprises - to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox serves clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit www.xerox.com, www.news.xerox.com, www.realbusiness.com or www.xerox.com/businessservices.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
Midas Solutions (part of Xerox Business Services) is a quality-driven company known throughout the healthcare industry for its excellence in product, integrity and client support. We have a proven track record of building enduring relationships with clients by understanding and anticipating their needs and then exceeding their expectations.
Midas pioneered as a quality management solution in the acute care setting, today our vision is to provide distinct yet tightly integrated solutions that address strategic performance management needs. For more information, visit http://www.midasplus.com/ .
Role and Responsibilities - Healthcare Data Scientist ( remote base candidates welcome)
In collaboration with the Analytics department, PARC, and other Xerox or non-Xerox data scientists, develop, enhance, and maintain statistical models that generate new business insights or deliver predictive services to Midas clients.
· Understand complex computational and statistical techniques used to develop novel approaches for data analyses.
· Expert with a statistical analysis tool such as R, Octave, MATLAB, KNIME, Julia, Python, and SAS; design machine learning models for data discovery and predictive insights.
· Collaborate and communicate with software developers in the translation of research model to production code.
· Translate and effectively communicate complex concepts to a broad audience.
· Partner with the stakeholders to understand the business drivers, immediate and long-term opportunities, and identify solutions.
· Collaborate and communicate with data integration teams when data quality issues are discovered.
· Maintains appropriate knowledge of clinical and financial systems used across the healthcare continuum.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Masters or PhD degree in Statistics or related field.
· 5 years demonstrated ability to employ analytic software tools, statistical methodologies, and Business Intelligence to large data sets residing within relational or object oriented databases
· Advanced SQL skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong Programming skills and experienced with object oriented languages
· Ability to educate and mentor Analytics team members
· Experience with PMML
· Experience with NLP
· Experience with scripting language
· Experience with large transactional data sets and high volume data
· Experience with temporal data
· Experience with prescriptive analysis
· Concrete experience with the following methods:
Classification-(Decision Trees, Logistic Regression, Neural Net, SVM, Random Forest)
Regression-(linear, Nonlinear, Boosted Regression Trees, Hierarchical)
Clustering-(K-means, Fuzzy C-means, Hierarchical Clustering, Mixture Modeling)
Time-Series- (AR, ARMA, GARCH)
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Job: Business Operations
Title: Healthcare Data Scientist (remote base candidates welcome)
Requisition ID: 16031453
Virtual/work from home? Yes