Xerox Client Network Technologist in Basking Ridge, New Jersey
• The Client Network Technologist provides technical consultation, assessment, solution recommendation and delivery of professional services in the areas implementation, and ongoing account maintenance for integrated solutions comprised of Xerox printers (office/production), Xerox Software, 3rd party Application Software, as well as customized software and/or hardware offerings (internal and / or clients).
• The Client Network Technologist role and metrics include enabling revenue (ESR / post sale revenue), customer satisfaction and customer retention.
• This position supports and enables revenue for office solutions and contributes to the achievement of team revenue plan.
• Supports current business and implementation activities.
• Supports all account growth and post sale account growth.
• Leads or coordinates implementation activities regularly with internal sales and technical services organization and externally with customers, vendors and third party suppliers.
• Analyzes the business, application, and technological needs of the client and works with the Client to propose the optimal technical solution to fit those needs.
• Uses appropriate system analysis procedures and tools, determines and recommends the most appropriate system configuration, settings and components for Xerox hardware, software applications and Xerox Operating Systems software to ensure optimum utilization of customer total solution.
• Advise / counsel customers and internal Xerox personnel as to the specific computer and network related infrastructure requirements to ensure optimum security and network performance. Provide on site and / or remote technical support as required.
• Interface with customer’s IT personnel to determine functional specifications and recommend solutions and alternate system design for complex hardware and software computer driven printing systems.
• Prepare and present appropriate technical content for presentations and proposals that aids C-level and IT managers in solution performance reviews.
• May provide project management structure and governance to the implementation of solutions.
• Identify and pursue opportunities to provide technical consulting services for document workflow, technical solutions, SW applications, and network and system design and support to identify potential expansion opportunities.
• Utilizes system analysis techniques & liaise internally to resolve network communications, file submission, image quality and data stream programming issues that affect print /image output to ensure successful solution implementation.
• Train Xerox personnel and customers on Xerox technology, solutions and workflow requirements (as required – primarily for Software Solutions) to enable customer proficiency.
• Maintains ongoing relationship with client to ensure customer satisfaction with solution and to identify potential expansion opportunities.
• Promote Xerox software solutions and other alternative 3rd party software solutions that enhance customer workflow.
• Maintain a high level of expertise on Xerox and industry standard solutions, 3rd party application software offerings, client operating system / application software and network environments to maintain credibility with clients and ability to support their requirements in a changing technology environment.
Minimum High School Diploma / (GED) / Secondary School GCSE or equivalent with related industry experience
Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or related field
Preferred LSS Yellow Belt Certification
Preferred Comp TIA / Network certification (or higher) will be required within 1 year (strongly preferred)
Candidate Background: Skills, Knowledge & Ability:
Minimum Depending upon product specialization, maintain proficiency in key areas of support.
Minimum Possesses successful track record demonstrating the project management and implementation of specific technical/computer related aspects of solutions sold to customers.
Minimum Has a good working knowledge of IT industry standards and infrastructures (e.g.,Networks and connectivity protocols, hardware platforms and operating systems, systems integration tools & methods)
Minimum Possess broad technical knowledge to diagnose and converse in: product related solutions, scanning, computer and network systems in both the centralized as well as distributed enterprise environments, client applications, emerging technologies (scanning, imaging, digital photography).
Minimum Communicates complex information in a way that is easy to understand
Minimum Ability to establish and maintain high level professional relationships and to influence decisions using fair and proven best practices
Minimum Experience with industry standard computer software applications and operating systems
Minimum Ability to train Xerox personnel and customers on Xerox technology, solutions and workflow requirements.
Minimum Works collaboratively and successfully with different organizations within Xerox and the various Third Party partners to deliver successful solutions to customer.
Minimum Exceptional interactive skills required (listening, clarifying, and objection handling). Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills are required
Preferred Possess selling skills to enable identification of new business opportunities
Minimum Has provided on site technical diagnosis, analysis and consultation to resolve computer and network document workflow issues. Expertise demonstrated in document workflow processes, SW applications used in document creation, as well as, computer and network systems.
Minimum A proven aptitude and desire to be involved in complex solutions sales at the enterprise level.
Minimum Extensive knowledge of overall solutions based upon specialty (marketplace, competitive knowledge, and industry perspective in general areas)
Minimum For positions requiring color support, candidate must pass color vision screening.
Additional Role Requirements:
Possess a valid drivers license (the license may not include restrictions related to a DWI/DUI conviction) and a satisfactory driving record as determined by Xerox (note that all individuals whose job responsibilities may include driving are subject to periodic motor vehicle records checks).
Extensive travel required throughout the geography, with some weekend/overnight travel.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox in the U.S. may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com . Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Client Network Technologist
Location: New Jersey-Basking Ridge
Requisition ID: 17003438
Virtual/work from home? No